pdf's of Raymond Franz's books

by Newly Enlightened 277 Replies latest members private

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

If the copyrights are purchased through crowdfunding by a group of like-minded people, the copyrights could be removed and a free PDF version could be hosted everywhere and anywhere by many different groups and people for free.

The point is to get the information out, right?

• Simon
    Simon
    Commentary Press, whose publishing rights passed to Cynthia, Raymond Franz's wife, confirmed that preparations were under way to release an expanded version of the book in numerous languages. This site will therefore be updated at regular intervals.
    The site was updated November 15, 2015

So it actually sounds like things were already being put in place to make the book available including some translations. I wonder if someone got access to the book through this process and saw an opportunity to "jump the gun"?

I thought you guys were against making profits of Franz' work?

Not at all, but the only people who should profit from it are the people that Ray bequeathed his work to who own the copyright (and whatever marketplace they chose to sell though).

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    IF Ray & Cynthia would have wanted Ray's books available to world to do whatever anyone wanted to do with it, they would haave.

Not sure about that. He probably wouldn't have forseen the whole internet pdf download thing for a start.

In fact, I think he would have been really happy that it would be made available freely in a way that would help ex dubs and maximize it's 'awakening' potential.

It seems to me that as long as it's available I think it's a storm in a moralistic teacup.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    The point is to get the information out, right

Paul that is a great idea btw

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    I agree with you Newly Enlightened. In fact, if it's available to read for free at the public library I don't see the difference between that and reading a pdf copy online. Both ways you're getting the information and copyright holder isn't getting any money. The only difference is you're saving the time of driving to the library.

Simon - So it actually sounds like things were already being put in place to make the book available including some translations. I wonder if someone got access to the book through this process and saw an opportunity to "jump the gun"?

They are saying that for years, see https://web.archive.org/web/20120523220559/http://www.raymondfranz.fr/

• Simon
    Simon
    Ah, OK - I thought it meant that announcement had been added Nov 2015. It sounds like it's just a "site last updated" date (maybe even automated ... people used to do that thinking it fooled Google / SEO)
  • Simon
    Simon
    In fact, if it's available to read for free at the public library I don't see the difference between that and reading a pdf copy online

There is a big difference - one has been paid for. The price of books has the cost of future readers factored in and why eBooks that are licensed to a single person should be cheaper than they often are (because future readers need to buy their own).

Unless you are paying for the online PDF version of course.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I wonder if Loyd ( John Cedars) is thinking that being he is in Europe and Franz's family is in the US and the Copyright was established in the US, that he and his cronies are disregarding the financial rights to R Franz's books.

He has stated on his YouTube channel that he contacted Franz's daughter and she said that she didn't want to receive any financial proceeds from the book anymore. ????

This sounds a bit suspicious being that she is still listed at the Copyright office and data base as a legal recipient ???

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Franz has a daughter? Finkelstein?

Is there any way I can get my offer to Deborah Dykstra?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit