pdf's of Raymond Franz's books

by Newly Enlightened 277 Replies latest members private

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Who made Mike and Kim the apostate Governing Body? Why are they soooooo upset about this? Think about it people. What do they have to gain to keep harping on this issue? Could it possibly be that they thrive on controversy and their website and videos get more views when the subject matter is controversial?
  • blondie
    blondie

Ray and Cynthia trusted them to handle it the way they wanted. How long, since I have not asked for the details, I too trust them to handle it legally in a timely manner.

I was watching a show about famous artwork that had been purchased by a single person and did not ever show it publicly. I wonder if we should take that legal owner to task and insist they do show it publicly, it being artwork we cherish? Should we steal it from them and show it publicly then....

The emotion behind your seemingly harsh judgments, some on here, not all, actually scare me. These people are ex-jws, hurt too by the WTS greatly. They have no desire to do the WTS bidding.

Blondie (ashamed at some of the comments on this topic and similar topics)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I suspect you probably frown on the concept of Imminent Domain?

I didn't either when we lost my grandparent's homestead to the interstate highway system. Oh but it IS legal. The State says so. I'm not sure if we'd agree on whether that makes it RIGHT. Progress and all that, ya know. (And NO, we were not compensated sufficiently IMO, so I guess I should have hired a lawyer and sued that bastards!)

That's what I suggest Ray's family do. Hire a lawyer and sue the bastard.

BTW -- I bet copies/photos of that artwork are available on Wiki.

Doc

• blondie
    blondie
    Not the same as having the original art in the original material. I don't think photos of my husband replace the flesh and blood version.
  • Simon
    Simon

Wait a minute - I can still use pictures of George Clooney and pretend it's me ... right?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    But... Nuts to copyrights if it helps one person exit this cult of a religion, when the tools available are being withheld in quibbles about filthy lucre and legal schmeggle pig-crap.
    I applaud Slims offer and I'm not okay with Simon condoning Nathan Natas' verbal abuse. Constructive solutions is what we need, Cedars initiative is all right by me more power to him.

Bloody well hear hear

Who made Mike and Kim the apostate Governing Body? Why are they soooooo upset about this? Think about it people. What do they have to gain to keep harping on this issue? Could it possibly be that they thrive on controversy and their website and videos get more views when the subject matter is controversial?
    F@#&ing well hear hear
    God some self rightious arselickers can't get enough intrigue away from the 'Halls'YUK
  • steve2
    steve2

Wow! There's been such a varied response to this topic and I must acknowledge I am now less judgemental when I consider the issue of people "violating" copyright law. I like that posters have taken the time, not only to post in the first instance but to attempt to clarify their views and/or seek clarification on others' views.

Ray's publications are head and shoulders above every other book on the organization AND they languish undistributed - or copies that have been made available as pdfs, appear in some way to violate copyright law.

Let's hope that sooner rather than later this is turned around and once again Ray's books become available for legal distribution.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

DesirousOfChange blubbered, "I suspect you probably frown on the concept of Imminent Domain?"

Its GREAT that you don't let your ignorance stifle you!

im·mi·nent (adjective) - about to happen.

Eminent domain is the power of a state or a national government to take private property for public use.

Which government do you represent?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit