pdf's of Raymond Franz's books

by Newly Enlightened 277 Replies latest members private

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Since someone in the ex-jw community is about to re-print Crisis of Conscience, claiming they are PUBLIC DOMAIN now and sell them for his own profit we are releasing the FREE pdf's of the books until whomever received the Franz's estate can step forward

[ link to free download removed ]

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    I wouldn't say they are doing it for their own profit. What they are asking seems barely enough to cover printing.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I don 't agree with that, cover costs yes, but give the profits to charity - preferrably one Ray would have approved.

NB do we need to take care the remaining members of the Franze or his wife's family are not JW and may prevent it's being published at all??

• the girl next door
  • Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened
    Thank you Girl next door.
  • Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Thank you Simon for removing the link to the pdf.

I'm sorry Girl Next door, I was so upset that I forgot to thank you in the video.

https://youtu.be/whNcJbJS7c4

• Simon
    Simon
    Wait, Newly Enlightened, didn't you have a bootlegged copy of the pdf on your website? So it was ok for you to do it but not anyone else? Now your trying to cover it over, You learned well from your time in the "truth",
    Bunch of hypocrites,

I believe Newly Enlightened took someone at their word and then found out that the claim was false and they were actually trying to profit from someone else's work that they have no legal right to.

As a result they requested the link to the doc be removed because they are respecting the copyright - not covering up the fact at all.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

For profit?

I only know of someone who received newly printed copies from someone who printed it from freely available pdfs as a gift.

Who is the person selling books?

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I hate it that Ray's work is being pirated. It's pretty scummy behavior.
  • steve2
    steve2

I can confirm that there remain other sites that offer free downloads of Ray's books.

To the best of my knowledge, while none of these is receiving any money from the free downloads of Ray's work, it is his and his trustees' intellectual property and so the free downloads - profit or no profit - are morally and ethically objectionable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit