pdf's of Raymond Franz's books

by Newly Enlightened 277 Replies latest members private

• Simon
    Simon
    I was too long part of a Pharisaic religion where I was told what rules I needed to obey. Now I prefer to think about and live according to the concepts behind the rules. And I believe in innovation: outdated laws should be changed.

Oh, you're one of those "I shouldn't have to obey the law or anyone's rules because I chose to obey the elders and feel duped" people eh?

Actually, I agree: so when can I bring my van round to take some of your stuff? It shouldn't matter that you have worked for and paid for it - that's outdated views on ownership. Now I prefer to just take things.

Funny that you believe in innovation but want to deny the people who do the innovation being rewarded for it.

So no, it don't believe it's up to Ray or his (uninterested) heirs anymore to decide whether this lifesaving book should be reprinted. The contents of the book became too important to withheld.

Only one or two people on this topic have offered to proactively purchase the rights to the books so they can be published. Would you contribute to help that happen? If so how much? If not, exactly what do you mean bu lifesaving and valuable?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Simon:

Only one or two people on this topic have offered to proactively purchase the rights to the books so they can be published. Would you contribute to help that happen? If so how much? If not, exactly what do you mean bu lifesaving and valuable?

Which gives me the brilliant idea of crowd funding such an endeavor. Credits can be given for all our names inside the book. Who would be willing to organize such a thing? I'm technologically illiterate so I won't be organizing it.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The person that owns the copyrights owns the copyrights. It's simple, it's clear, it's easy to understand.

Any contrary opinion, wish or desire is frankly irrelevant.

Wave your hands all you want. I really don't care. Spout lame irrelevant arguments based on nothing more than wishful thinking and selfish/lazy wants.

It changes nothing.

If the copyright holder/owner wants to bury this in a cave that is their right. Protestations to the contrary are perhaps understandable, but they do not obviate the rights of the person(s) that legitimately can claim ownership. Illigitimate claims are just that: the words of bastards.

It's embarrassing to read so many write about things they don't understand and are unwilling to educate themselves about.

Get the clue.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

1009 - Since you are not an American, it comes as no surprise to me that you have difficulty wrapping your simple, undeveloped mind around challenging concepts like "Wht should people obey the law?"

Copyright is LAW in the USA - FEDERAL LAW.

Simon has already pointed out the faulty mentation and hypocrisy behind you so-called "legal opinion."

Isn't it time to for you to feed your goats?

• talesin
    talesin
    Since you are not an American, it comes as no surprise to me that you have difficulty wrapping your simple, undeveloped mind around challenging concepts

Uh-Oh! Here we go with the "American exceptionalism" BS ...

Hey. I resemble that remark! LOL

• oppostate
    oppostate

When the PDF copies were available for purchase at Commentary Press, I bought them and they came with a password/pin# you had to enter in so it would open in Acrobat Reader--and I was ok with that. I assumed that everyone who purchased their copy legally would be issued a different number.

In this day and age it could be possible to set up a web page where you'd get a paypal account and pay for access to the books read online anytime you wanted just type in your password/pin# and you have access.

Many ebook online providers have this type of service. It's like being a member of a library and checking things out to read--the book isn't yours to keep, just to use and to return, right?

Photocopying an entire book from a library is a copyright violation, and so it is if you get a pdf of a copyrighted book and share copies of it with people.

It seems to me that providing a legal way for people to access information online would an easy thing to set up nowadays.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    1009: I do not have problems paying a reasonable amount. The whole problem is that the book is not available!

So what is your problem?

Crisis of Conscience is available. Pay for it.

http://www.amazon.ca/Crisis-Conscience-Raymond-Franz/dp/0914675044

And on kindle too:

https://kindle.amazon.com/work/crisis-conscience-raymond-franz/B00BRVSWEC/0914675230

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

And another link where the book is more reasonably priced:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0914675044/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8

And a link to a webpage that sells Ray's books:

http://www.raymondfranz.fr/index.php?language=EN

Not all languages are available yet, but it appears like they will be eventually.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Can anyone help me contact the copyright owner Deborah Dykstra? I would like to offer $8000 US for the rights to the books. If she's got a better offer or already given away the rights never mind. If not il like to buy the rights and make sure the books are in print for a reasonable sale price even if it costs me.
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Slim, message the OP on this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit