WTS Addresses Child Abuse - er, kind of...

by iiz2cool 139 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• waiting
    waiting

I've read pages 1 & 3 - guess I got the gist.

However, sad to say, some grown-ups like to have sex with children. When they do, boys and girls may start to do bad things that they have learned from these grown-ups. They also begin to use their sex organs in a wrong way. - WT

This is slight of word - classic WT. "Some grown-ups." True. "boys and girls MAY start to do bad things." True "They ALSO BEGIN TO USE THEIR SEX ORGANS IN A WRONG WAY". False

From some.....may.....to a definitive boys & girls use their sex organs wrong. Thus, the victim ends up being blamed. Classic WT.

Jehovah can protect his children or undo anything bad Satan does to them." - WT

This is an absolutely true statement.....and terribly misleading. God CAN do anything (if one believes in God)...but it seems God is rarely around while a child is being raped to intervene....perhaps just watching? So it's giving false hope & trust to a child.

False hope and blame the victim. Yep. Classic WTBTS.

waiting

• amac
    amac
    From some.....may.....to a definitive boys & girls use their sex organs wrong. Thus, the victim ends up being blamed. Classic WT.

I don't know about that. Since the sentence begins with "They also..." I assumed it was an extension of the group mentioned before it who "may start doing bad things."

I'm far from an expert on english grammar, but that is the way I understood it. I could be technically wrong or they could have technically wrote it wrong. Any grammar experts in the house?

• amac
    amac
    "In all theocratic and social activities, children MUST be accompanied by more than one adult at all times.

Talk about being dogmatic. The last thing poor JWs need are more rules. There goes the use of babysitters!

Seriously though, that would do little to solve the problem, although that seems to be your good intention. As you said. most molestations are from family members. And the society has no place dictating who can be with your child, that is the entire responsibility of the parents.

• Gopher
    Gopher

There you've gone and done it, AMAC! Posted on this thread often enough to get to that awful number of posts, 666!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I am disgusted by the lack of concrete advice to the children. The advice telling them that Jehovah will protect then makes me want to throw-up the poor kids that are abused will think 'why didn't he protect me". Damn them

• amac
    amac
    Posted on this thread often enough to get to that awful number of posts, 666!

Hehehe, my true identity has been exposed!

• logansrun
    logansrun

SheilaM,

I am disgusted by the lack of concrete advice to the children. The advice telling them that Jehovah will protect then makes me want to throw-up the poor kids that are abused will think 'why didn't he protect me". Damn them

I agree that it is totally ludicrous to tell children God would protect them, but the Society didn't exactly say that this would always be the case. They admitted that there would be times where God would have to correct the wrong in the new system -- hence showing God would not intervene on all occassions. Also, there are numerous Christian groups that talk about God protecting people or "saving the day." Look at all the Catholics that go to great lengths to get "blessed" or "healed" at some "holy place." The JWs aren't unique in teaching such balderdash ie, divine intervention.

I do take some issue with you saying the Society doesn't give enough "concrete advice to the children." This simply isn't true. The book explains exactly what wrongful touching is, so much so that some here are annoyed that they are so explicit (read: concrete, specific)! The book then admonishes the child to forcefully say, "No! I'm going to tell on you." That is just the type of advice children need to be told. I agree that the Society doesn't do a perfectly fantastic job in handling the issue, but to say they haven't done something is just not true.

Bradley

• amac
    amac

Here, here! I agree with Bradley!

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

I came in late on this thread but after reading the scanned pages from the [un]Great Teacher book I'm so mad right now.....oh damn am I mad!

JUST WHO IN THE HELL IS THE FUxxIN IDIOT THAT WROTE THIS SHxT?

Oh man I just want to grab whoever is responsible and slap them in the face and ask them have they never loved a single child in their entire life! Oh wait they say "it comes from Jehovah" well fine then.....Jehovah, just what were you thinking? Have you completely lost it?

The more I think about it the more angry I get.

I actually want to write a letter to Brooklyn I'm so mad.

And I don't even have kids!

So they write a chapter about molesting. THE FIRST DAMN THING they start to talk about is how kids who are molested learn......I don't even want to say it. I can't. FUxxING GUILT! THEY'RE MAKING THE KIDS FEEL GUILTY IF THEY GET MOLESTED EVEN BEFORE IT HAPPENS!!!!!

The first part of that chapter doesn't even belong in the book. The kids don't need that kind of information! All they need to know is that if anyone ever .......I can't even say it, "does that"....... you try to get away, you fight, you scream, and YOU TELL because IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!

Brooklyn I hope you're reading this thread! Just remember that when you turn your Bethel computer off you have to go look at yourselves in the mirror. And when you do, you think of all those kids.

Fuckin' assholes!

Mike.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger
    How is this child going feel when God does not save her, or does not "undo" what Satan has done? In a child's mind, God "saving" and "undoing" may likely mean direct divine intervention. When that doesn't happen, then what?

I know exactly how a child feels. They feel that everything the perpetrator told them was true. They feel like its their fault, as God didn't do anything about it. They feel they are REALLY evil, dirty & not worthy of God's love. They are terrified to tell anyone, afraid that everyone will KNOW they are evil and dirty. They can spend a decade trying to prove to God that they were worth saving, that they aren't bad, that they want to be better.

That child might have even told the perpetrator that they would tell, but it wasn't enough. The perpetrator knew exactly what child to pick to abuse, and how to manipulate that child. They didn't stand a chance, and yet they grew up in most cases believing it was their fault because their God did not save them, so they must have done something to either ask for it/or deserve it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit