WTS Addresses Child Abuse - er, kind of...

by iiz2cool 139 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Room 215
    Room 215

I thinks it's contemptible of the Society to place the onus/burden, whatever, on the innocent children to be vigilant and take action in cases of encounter with exploitative/molesting perverted adults..... why not admonish the adults that such crimes will be severely dealt with rathr than depreive the chilren of their innocence by urging a paranoic vigliance on them? Sick, truly sick. Of course, the very fact that they publish such advice, along with a fairly graphic illustration, is a tacit admission thagt the allegations of widspread child abuse with the "spiritual paradise" are all too sccurate.

• amac
    amac
    which has resulted in some really hilarious moments around our house and around company.

I can definitely relate to that! I've had a few myself. Kids can be so candid at times, especially when something itches in front of people you've just met.

• amac
    amac
    Of course, the very fact that they publish such advice, along with a fairly graphic illustration, is a tacit admission thagt the allegations of widspread child abuse with the "spiritual paradise" are all too sccurate.

Hardly! It's more of an admission that these things happen, no matter WHAT religion.

• amac
    amac

A California law that allowed extensions on the statutes of limitations was recently abolished, retroactively, resulting in numerous convicted child molesters being set free. Now THAT is disturbing!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    If they are in a public school system, chances are they will learn some definition of sex by the first grade (about 7 years old.) Why not teach them correctly before some school kid teaches him incorrectly and ends up giving him warped views.

If the child trusts the parents, he/she will come home and ask "Mommy, what is sex?". Then would be a good time to teach them. Most likely they won't ask other schoolmates what it means for fear of embarassment and harassment.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

OK, the book is out, whoopie!

Interesting, considering how many cases have been made public over the last year or so. There are a few listed on Silentlambs.org - and some stories shared on this forum, and elsewhere on-line as well.

Previously, as revealed by some of the victims: they did report the person. To whom? The elders.

What happened? not much.

Most children/young adults that have revealed their stories bravely pour their hearts out that it is not so cut and dry. The book makes the little girl's response as 'simple', and it'll stop right there and then with a few words: I think pedophiles work differently, and usually don't take 'no' for an answer.

The wording: sexual organ description, honestly, doesn't bother me. I live beside a playground and I hear far worse, that aside, it seems that if the organization has no perceived guilt or concern associated with pedophiles in their midst: why now, are they addressing it?

I think of what happened recently with Vicki Boer. To name but only 1 person out of the many countless victims who have come forward, and those that are silent, and still afraid...attending meetings/assemblies as we speak.

Jehovah going to stop this and intervene?

You're more likely to be saved by Casper the Friendly Ghost.

• amac
    amac
    If the child trusts the parents, he/she will come home and ask "Mommy, what is sex?". Then would be a good time to teach them.

Personal opinion I guess. I prefer to teach my child rather than let them hear it from some kid talking about F'ing a girl and then have to rely on the child to come to me for clarification. A good time to teach should not be determined by kids on a playground.

Do you have children Nos?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Wow, the new book is out and we should all just jump for joy, huh Sword? After 20 years of knowing about the sex abuse in the congregations, and covering it up, the old gray men in Brooklyn, (are you listening, Ted?) have decided it is time to help the poor little children they have neglected all these years. Of course, it has NOTHING to do with the fact that they are spending (our) money defending lawsuits over covering it up, right? Right, Sword? Is this YOUR idea of food at the proper time? Is now the proper time? After so many have been raped and then violated again by elders who tell them that they "must have misunderstood" what happened to them? That is what they have been told time and again.

Am I supposed to be happy when a book will tell my preschooler that Satan and the demons like to pick on children? Is that a healthy message? Is it even scriptural?? NO. What a load of shit this really is, I am sorry. GROWN MEN AND WOMEN, witnesses in this case, RAPE AND ABUSE CHILDREN. NO event is ever on record of a demon raping a child, right? But the FDS has decided that DEMONS are to blame; demons of course, cannot be sued.

This is the worst; and we have not even discussed here the horror photos about armageddon.

This book should be shoved into the trash, along with all the other garbage.

I am ashamed to be a witness; I rue the day my parents became witnesses and failed to do their homework about this sorry cult.

SO SWORD: feel good, even great, about this book. Do you have preschoolers or grandchildren you will read it to??? I wonder.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Do you have children Nos?

No, but it has been a very common discussion between me and my fiance lately. We plan on having children sometime after our wedding. Who knows? Maybe my opinion may change after marriage.

However, this is the way I view it. I remember asking my mother what a specific word was, and I was immediately slapped across the face.

• Angharad
    Angharad
    the horror photos about armageddon

Dont forget the ones of people being flogged and stoned to death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit