WTS Addresses Child Abuse - er, kind of...

by iiz2cool 139 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE
    I really think this is just a bunch of crap written to show judges and media.

You are right on the money Lisa.

Thanks for that insightful post.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Let me see now...They use Genesis 19:4,5...the account of Lot, where the bad old people want to rape the angels he's giving shelter to...so Lot in his infinite wisdom offers his two virgin daughters to them instead. Now I'm no expert in child pyschology or abuse treatment...but it just seems to me that this may not be the correct account to relay to a child who's been molested or even been approached by a molester. Once again, WTBS opens mouth and inserts their collective feet! -BONEZZ

• greven
    greven

Bonezz,

You are on the mark! Even worse the account tells later of lot sleeping with his daughters!

God this is silly! Well actually it is very dangerous to expose your young child to. Ugh!

Greven

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

If Jehovah protects children, why do we need this book talking about child abuse?

Not to mention the fact that an abused child who reads this has to conclude that what was done to them was done by Satan!

Hit the nail on the head Lisa. Now, the abuser is no longer at fault, Satan is.

Another point of paranoia is when the book talks about other children trying to have sex with you. This is going to be emotionally disasterous for children. This may be a roadblock to prevent them from getting close to anyone their age.

What really messes things up is they say to watch out for other grown ups (and children) trying to touch their sex organs, but they learn at the meetings that Jehovah's people are "clean". We still get the sense that it's worldly people who are doing this.

Sounds like this book is meant for children who are just learning to read. It sounds more "siimple" than My book of BS

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Man, where do I start? This is even worse than the chapter on masturbation in the old "Youth" book.

. . . some grown-ups like to have sex with children. When they do, boys and girls may begin to do bad things that they have learned from these grown-ups. They also begin to use their sex organs in a wrong way.

Oh, that's just great -- let some poor little kid who has been abused read that and hear the words "bad" and "wrong" associated with THEM and not with the abuser. And that last statement is a very definite one: "They also begin to use their sex organs in a wrong way" -- not, they MIGHT or they MAY -- so everything they do now, from going to the bathroom to showering, is WRONG and BAD.

God damn them all.

Nina

• be wise
    be wise
    The Bible says that Satan is like a roaring lion who wants to eat us. And just as lions want to pick on small animals, Satan and his demons often pick on children.

This is for children!!! This makes me sick, sick – SICK! Some things never change. Sorry I can’t read the rest after seeing that picture – what a joke!

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I was so stunned by the text that I overlooked the obvious point--your wife thought this stuff was good???

• blondie
    blondie

To get an outside opinion, why not send scans of these pages to your local child abuse support agencies and see what they think?

Blondie

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

So let me get this straight. If the Watchtower does nothing to educate and protect children, you criticize, if they publish straight-forward advice like this book to help children and parents, then you also criticize. Does anything satisfy you people? This book will help open a channel of communication between parent and child. I know you all think that you are the best parents in the world, but the truth is, that most parents do not discuss these private matters with their children. They allow the schools or their classmates educate them. Of course they are misinformed. It IS the parents responsability to warn their children about these sexual predators. The Watchtower are helping the parents do this. I'm sure since you all are the wisest people in the world , that you have a better idea of how to educate parents and how to talk to your children, but this books helps the other millions of parents that don't.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Blondie: I think that is an excellent idea. I am going to do this this week.

Sword: Nothing you said in your post addressed any of the concerns raised on this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit