WTS Addresses Child Abuse - er, kind of...

by iiz2cool 139 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Bonnie - I know it can't help at this point but I am so sorry that happened to you. Too bad he didn't kill himself sooner.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

((((((Bonnie))))))

It brings me to tears when I read about people who have been abused.

I am so sorry to hear what happened to you (and so many others) inside the Jehovah's Witnesses Organization.

It is so disgusting and horrible how the Governing Body, Overseers, and Elders "handle" child abuse cases (i.e. see if they can find the child guilty, and threaten the child to keep silent).

Welcome to this Website, and if you ever have any questions at all about the Jehovah's Witnesses and child abuse, you can always E-Mail Bill Bowen (founder of SilentLambs) at [email protected] or you visit his Website at http://www.SilentLambs.org and you can also always E-Mail me at [email protected] or send me a Message on this Website (I have done a ton of research into the Watchtower's Pedophile-Protection Policy).

May Jesus bring you peace and comfort.

• priscilla
  • priscilla
    priscilla

I can not believe that they would think that somthing like this is appropriate for a child. I am with out words and completely horrified that this is the advise they would give a child. I can't see how it could do anythink more than damage the child further into thinking that they would be turned away by God as the victim and eaten by the mosters that already living under the beds and closets. How scarey it must be to be a witness child. my heart is breaking. I want to print this to show my husband, can it be done? how?

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Priscilla,

Here is how you can Print:

You can hold down the "Ctrl" key on your keyboard, and then hit the "P" key.

Or, if you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape, or AOL, there should be a little picture of a Printer at the top of the screen, and if there is one, you just click on it with your Mouse.

If you need any more help, please let me know.

• waiting
    waiting

I just got an email from an xjw who's going to court soon against her xhusband who's a radical jw - fighting over the right for her children to grow up FREE.

STAY STRONG, SWEETIE! - and eat lots of pizza!

But that's not the reason for this post.

She told me that her attorney's paralegal told her that they had received the above children's book from another xjw. The lawyer's library of xjw material to fight the WT is growing - and their thankful.

It's something we might all think about - keep those damned WT books and *place* them with people who can use them. And if we can get others to receive them for us, or buy them ourselves - get them.

I believe it was Vicki Boer's case where her lawyer was using the Flock book - but it was challenged as it was a different printing date. Something to keep in mind when going to court - the right book during that appropriate time.

This literature is valuable in the hands of the right people. Lawyers need an intense education in the Jehovah's Witnesses Cult - quickly & concisely. And they need evidence.

waiting

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

lisaBObeesa, thank you for showing these paragraphs to your therapist. That took guts.

Somewhere in this thread (I don't remember who) said this was a blatant attempt by the Society to quell potential legal liability on this issue, i.e. it was their way of "addressing the problem" as it were. Since many important decisions now have to be cleared by Legal, it wouldn't surprise me.

Honestly, it hurts when I read how they throw the responsibility for stopping a child from being abused on to God. I am reminded of an illustration given to me by one of my therapists on the difference between abused and non-abused children.

When a non-abused child first learns of God, they think of God as something akin to Santa Claus and they might ask for a toy or a present. When God does not answer that prayer, the child may be disappointed but they will shrug it off.

However, when a child of abuse first learns of God, there is only one thing they want. And when that prayer is not answer (time and time again) and God does not stop the abuse, the impact on the child is far more damaging. The child takes that rejection in, and quite naturally assumes that God is angry at them, or they are dirty and unworthy.

Messages like this from an offender-oriented religion is more than sad. It is criminal and evil, as it reinforces the abuser's messages to the child.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

It makes perfect WT sense to mention the demons (liking to pick on little children): By mentioning the demons, they are trying to put distance between themselves and the subject of abuse. The fact is, demons have nothing to do with abuse; it is HUMANS who do it, and who have allowed abusers to walk around untouched in the congregations. I just abhor this book; it is insipid, dangerous and WRONG.

• waiting
    waiting
    By mentioning the demons, they are trying to put distance between themselves and the subject of abuse.

good point

• UnDisfellowshipped

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit