Can any believer answer this?

by LucidSky 116 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Zechariah
    Zechariah

In the beginning God carefully designed and manufactured Man. He then began the testing and perfecting of what he had made,

He designed and created the world in which man would live and play out the game of life.

The object of the game is for man to grow as the earthly child of God slowly over the course of much time to adulthood.

As souls (spirit man) these creations become actors on the stage of life. Shakespeare said the whole world is a stage and every man must play a part. A soul throughout many incarnations plays roles major or minor throughout the game. It is by how well he performs these roles and what he learns from them that in the end he will be judged for his entire career. God arranges a full gamut of experiences good and bad to test and train man to become completely equipped for every good work (perfect).

The lives of a soul is like in a PACman (planned and created man) game. There are many rewards or blessings as well a many dangers and pitfalls whereby we may lose our immediate life (physical). Depending on how well you play the game your physical life can be regenerated and you can continue to play in a new life. There are many levels of play where PACman learns increasing survival and success skills. The problems and the rewards increase with each play.

God a quantum leaps superior programmer than man himself designed a world with the ultimate challenges, diversity, and fascination. This attention to detail by the creator makes life on earth the ultimate experience wherein even the angels envy man. This is even though the angels lives are everlasting. Animals are not creations in Gods spiritual image.

They only have instinct, not reasoning that comes from the spirit inheritance from God. The carnivorous instinct of certain animals are in no way immoral. They are not in control of these and is as designed by God to be. They insure the ecological balance of the earth. If we as man recognize his special nature and superiority over the animals man can avoid becoming beastly like them. Mans responsibility is to care for the animals and the earth and its vegetation.

By mans copying and imitating in his own creations man has produced great marvels not possible without them. The sonar of a bat. The flight and navigation of birds, etc. We are greatly blessed by the quantum leaps superior wisdom of the creator. We criticize ad complain why there exist insects to pester us or rain and snow when we don't want it.

How short sighted that complaining is. Remember the lesson given Job and accept it for ourselves. Where were we when God created the earth and all its wonders. Its a good thing God did not have to consult with us on creation. We would have left out all the good things that makes life enjoyable. We would have forgot to even make sex feel good. Face it. Without God we're dummies.

Evil is a required element allowed in Gods created world to train us to make proper choices. It increases our ability to love, forgive, and have joy. If you haven't had hard times you don't know what good times are.

From all the things God has allowed we have the opportunity to build our living skills to the point of perfection. We will one day with training from God become completely equipped for every good work. The primary factor is recogizing that the key to success is trusting God.

This can't be done if we don't believe he exists. It ts a promise in the final days all men will come to know he exist and is almighty through miraculous workings by God. Though this is so we all are missing out on rich blessings every second we remain seperated from God.

In the end at a time called judgement day our final score will be compiled by Christ to determine whether we remain alive in our relationship with God or everlastingly have our souls seperated from God which is hell.

Zechariah

• LucidSky
    LucidSky

This is getting a bit Biblical, but getting back on the beaten path...

Pom: I'm still not sure I understand: Are you saying that God made the animals to eat each other?

IslandWoman: You said, "I believe we have too little information to accurately and fully answer the questions you propose." That's one more reason why I choose to be agnostic. No one has ever been able to prove that higher beings exists or does not exist. All we know is we exist.

gumby: I'm agnostic.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    Are you saying that God made the animals to eat each other?

There is ONE place without question, where one can surely see for themselves that God created with full intention for one life to prey on another and it be GOOD.

The Ocean.

Sharks NEVER ate grass (or seaweed), Big fish ALWAYS ate little fish right from the beginning of their creation. Corals little tiny grasping hand ALWAYS swooped in LIVING plankton for it to feed on. It CAN'T go anywhere as it is plastered to a rock...so it has to grasp at the plethora of miniscule living things that are whisking by with the tide. Look at the lobster or the crab, do you really think the crushing apparatus they have been gifted with in their mighty claws was for anything other than CRUSHING to oblvion the rock hard shell of sea bottom living crustaceans, so that that could dine on the tender inner defensless flesh? The ocean is the greatest example of the life eating life free for all that God MADE into existence.

If God did not create a physical world in SEEMING "unfair" disarray that WE CAN SEE, you would never know that the invisible world was in an ABSOLUTELY UNFAIR disarray,not caused by the Creator of Life, but caused by the god of confusion.

God has given us a vivid picture of the INVISIBLE heavens by portraying those SAME very conditions in the VISIBLE physical realm below.

That's what I believe.

Edited by - pomegranate on 29 October 2002 9:21:20

• gumby
    gumby

POM

Well shock of all shockers,

I enjoyed your reasoning on your OCEAN argument.

Insects eat other insects too....always have. Just because they are small and seem to carry no value...the pattern is there in creation.

It would be intresting to know the FEAR LEVEL of a zebra being attacked by a cheetah. If there is no fear level..other than to escape, it would make it easier to swallow that God would create things in this fashion.

Lucid Sky

So am I at this point....tomarrow could be different.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

The funny thing is, while Pom's ideas are convuluted, complex, and unneccesary for..well.. anything, he has done a pretty good job of explaining them in this post. This "god" could have done the same thing. Instead, we have the bible. Which, humorously, Pom refers to for authority. Crazy.

• gumby
    gumby

Sixer,

Would you be intrested in getting involved with me and stinkyshorts in writing our own ideas of whats what? We need the sarcasm and she nor I are as good at is as you are. Pom said he will be the editor.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I am leary of getting professionally involved (to save the world) with people named "stinkypantz" and "gumby". But thank you for the offer. Besides, what's isn't what, but rather, what is, is.

• LucidSky
    LucidSky
    There is ONE place without question, where one can surely see for themselves that God created with full intention for one life to prey on another and it be GOOD.

Pom: I just can't see how unjustified, intentional suffering and death is "good". If anything, it is the complete opposite of "good" and brings to question God's purity of justice, love and absolute morality. I do respect your views on this thread even if I disagree with you elsewhere.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Do you think God INTENTIONALLY letting his Son be sacrificed was GOOD? Or BAD?

In reality, it's BOTH, with the eventuality of ALL BAD being done away with. It's BAD because Jesus HAD TO DIE. It's GOOD, because like FOOD, his death would then give life.

Did that go against his purity? Obviously not.

The WHOLE biological entity of the earth is good and bad. Who made the tree of good and bad in Eden? God.

Here's the bottom line, God can call something bad GOOD if He wants, and you have no say in it. Not only can he call something bad as good, he can transform bad into good IF THAT BE HIS WILL.

A few "Bad" things that God called Good:

Lot, Moses, David, Elijah, Elisha, Saul/Paul, Peter, Matthew...etc, etc, etc...

As an illustration, all of the above people's lives above could be likened to let's say and iron axe head trying to float in water after being thrown in. An iron axe head obviously cannot float. It will surely sink to the bottom on trying to SWIM on it's own. As a matter of fact, we are ALL like iron axe heads trying to swim...we cannot do the impossible, as it is quite impossible for an iron axe head to float on it's own never mind swim...so we sink

But, there is a special "branch" that can be thrown into the water that will make iron axe heads DEFY the Law...

Jesus is the branch, death is the Law. The axehead? It's your life, which is not your own:

2 Kings 6:4-7
    They went to the Jordan and began to cut down trees. 5 As one of them was cutting down a tree, the iron axhead fell into the water. "Oh, my lord," he cried out, "it was borrowed!"

6 The man of God asked, "Where did it fall?" When he showed him the place, Elisha cut a stick and threw it there, and made the iron float. 7 "Lift it out," he said. Then the man reached out his hand and took it.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

In my post above, I was just trying to clarify what Navigator was saying.

It sounded like he was saying that perhaps there were defects in creation because Jesus created things instead of the Father, which to me, makes no sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit