Can any believer answer this?

by LucidSky 116 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

On what basis do you say there was now law in heaven before the physical world was created?

On a number of Bible passages and some simple reasoning.

And how, exactly, does creating a physical world create law?

Through the physical world came the first Laws ever...

To name a couple:

1. Do not Eat
    2. Mosaic Law

Even if it were true that there was no law in heaven before creation of the physical world, all that shows is that god is incompetent, irresponsible, and shortsighted.

That would be the dark view. The light view would be there was no Law because there was NEVER any bad and HE TRUSTED EVERYONE that He gave life to. Trust is COMPETENT, RESPONSIBLE and is neither shortsighted or farsighted, it is 20/20.

You take Pascal's Wager to new heights, my friend. You lose no matter what because not only are you possibly angering another god or gods that you are not worshipping, you are also calling the god you do worship an incompetent dunce. Good luck! lol

Like you know what angers God. Has He been talking to you so you should know? It is YOU that is calling my God an incompetent dunce. Maybe you'll eat those words too?

Maybe. I hope not.

Thanks for the luck...but I don't need it.

• rem
    rem

Pomegranate,

On a number of Bible passages and some simple reasoning.

I'm unaware of any scriptures in the bible that establish that there was no law in heaven before physical creation. But then again, I'm no bible scholar. Even if the bible does teach this (which I doubt) my argument does not depend on this point. My point is that your version of events (whether they be true or not) make god out to look like an ass.

Through the physical world came the first Laws ever...

To name a couple:

1. Do not Eat
    2. Mosaic Law

Even if it were true that the first laws ever came through the physical world (which you have no way of knowing), it still doesn't explain why a physical world was necessary to create law. God could have created laws (if they didn't already exist) in the spiritual realm and saved us all of the suffering we have in the physical realm today. There is no more justice in creating a physical universe as a prerequisite to law than just creating law in the first place. According to you, the laws that were created in the physical universe are somehow binding on the spiritual world. Why? How is this different than just creating laws in the spiritual world in the first place? It isn't.

The light view would be there was no Law because there was NEVER any bad and HE TRUSTED EVERYONE that He gave life to. Trust is COMPETENT, RESPONSIBLE and is neither shortsighted or farsighted, it is 20/20.

Then apparently god's trust was misplaced. He is not all-knowing and is short sighted. Just because you say trust is competent and responsible doesn't make it so. I can trust that a stray dog won't bite me, but that wouldn't be very responsible of me. Basically what you are saying is that god was naive and inexperienced when he created the spiritual realm. You can't squirm your way out of that one.

Like you know what angers God.

That's the whole flaw in Pascal's Wager, my friend.

But I do have to say that you seem to have a very active imagination and a genius for rationalizing the inexplicable.

rem

• gumby
    gumby

there was no Law because there was NEVER any bad

There was never any bad before Eve sinned yet there was Law.."do not eat of the tree in the middle of the garden"....a Law before bad in the human realm.

Whadya say about that big boy huh huh!! LOL

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    I'm unaware of any scriptures in the bible that establish that there was no law in heaven before physical creation.

What would heaven have been like BEFORE Satan defied God? Everything would have been good. Everything would have been like the Garden of Eden BEFORE Satan corrupted it. There would be no one displaying things like being selfish, violent, defiant, stubborn, lying, greedy etc, etc etc...The fruitage of God's spirit would have been the only thing existing in heaven from the first spirit being given life, up until the point of Satanic rebellion. Surely, anyone can reason, that before Satan OPPOSED God there was NO opposition, NO defiance and NO rebellion...NO spiritual qualities that would be adverse to God's qualities. Right?

So, BEFORE Satan rebelled, all there was in heaven was each creation of His outwardly displaying only the good of God. If you can see that, then you can see quite clearly what the deeper implication of this passage can bring to light:

Gal 5:22-24
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Was there BAD before Satan started it? NO. Proof? For instance, the Bible calls Satan the "father of the lie", so obviously, before Satan uttered the first one, there was no out of control lying. So, Satan fathered that as one of HIS BABIES. Since at one time lying never existed, God would not have had a Law for something that didn't even exist. But what did exist, was all of the GOOD things that Paul reveals for us as what comes from God, and as such, would be the very conditions of heaven BEFORE Satan flipped a wiggy.

And against such things THERE WAS NO LAW.

I can reason on more, but there obviously is no point in doing so if you cannot see my reasoning above. As the above is quite elemental.

But then again, I'm no bible scholar.

I believe "bible scholar" is an oxymoron.

Even if the bible does teach this (which I doubt) my argument does not depend on this point.

Then why even bring it up and waste my time and yours?

Even if it were true that the first laws ever came through the physical world (which you have no way of knowing), it still doesn't explain why a physical world was necessary to create law.

You never asked for an explaination for why law would have to come through another dimension now did you? Instead, you have opted to claim my not knowing one way or the other. That's a great way to understand another's belief. My belief is very understandable if one could put aside their cranky obstinance.

God could have created laws (if they didn't already exist) in the spiritual realm and saved us all of the suffering we have in the physical realm today.

No He couldn't. Why don't you just sit and think of some of the implications that have been put on the table by Satan. Like how about this one: Since Satan had to be guilty of MURDER in order to be executed JUSTIFIABLY (life for life), Satan had to murder one who was God, since Satan has claimed that he is god, and the true God has GIVEN that to him (god of this system of things), how could the true God (the Son) die in order for Satan to be guilty of MURDER since the form of God is not an entity that can die?

Create another dimension, the physical, surrender being God, and become a MORTAL MAN that COULD be killed, and BE KILLED by what Satan had created.

It is an very interesting juxtaposition. Satan goes ALL THE WAY UP to being "God", Jesus goes ALL THE WAY DOWN into death.

Which is why this LAW of physics was created: For every action (Satan going all the way up) there is an equal an opposite reaction (Jesus going all the way down), in image and likeness of the TRUE spiritual reality that happened in creation, all because of Satan.

There is no more justice in creating a physical universe as a prerequisite to law than just creating law in the first place.

Well sport, there is GOOD reason why it could not be created in heaven. Which is why it WASN'T created in heaven. And just to show YOU that God never intentioned LAW to be the WAY in heaven or on earth, is the very reason why WE have been released from the LAW. The LAW wasn't meant for US, it was meant for the one who it was going to be hung on after WE had been released from it.

Matt 5:17-18
    17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

So Christ's fulfillment of the Law (and the Prophets) didn't ABOLISH the LAW, but HIS fulfillment of LAW released us from it. If the Law was ONLY meant for man, and we have been totally released from it, THEN WHY DOESN'T CHRIST ABOLISH IT if it has served it's full purpose? Becasue it HADN'T. The LAW has it's MAIN purpose yet to be fully ACCOMPLISHED, and that is appplying the LAW that WE have been released from, and FULLY APPLYING it to Satan the Devil, WITH NO MERCY.

According to you, the laws that were created in the physical universe are somehow binding on the spiritual world. Why?

Because Christ created it in heaven, and applied it to man. Then, HE (Who WAS God in heaven like Father) became a 100% man, OBEYED THE LAW as a LESSER being than the God he was formally in heaven, and FULLFILLED IT. And because He fullfilled it PERFECTLY in front of the Devil's children, the scribes and the Pharisee's, THE TEACHERS OF THE LAW, it infurated them and they were going to KILL him. MURDER...

How is this different than just creating laws in the spiritual world in the first place? It isn't.

It is. It is VERY different. WAAAAAAYYYYY different. One who was TRULY God surrendereed that, became LESS than an angel...AND COULD OBEY LAW. And because of obeying THAT LAW perfectly in front of MEN WITHOUT self control, Satan's CREATION, these very ones KILL JESUS CHRIST. What Satan had created, more or less KILLED a piece of God, the Son.

Tell me, when Jesus gets back to heaven after fulfilling the LAW and DYING for it, what do you think he has to say to Satan?

Bastille Day.

Just because you say trust is competent and responsible doesn't make it so.

Maybe because you are so full of piss for God, maybe you put yourself on dangerous ground?

I can trust that a stray dog won't bite me, but that wouldn't be very responsible of me. Basically what you are saying is that god was naive and inexperienced when he created the spiritual realm. You can't squirm your way out of that one.

Indeed, God was a BABE as to badness before Satan had His BAD BABY.

1 Cor 14:20
    20 Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults.

God just advised us to be the way He was before Satan.

Here let me clarify it:

God was ignorant to what Satan was going to do.
    God was a baby in regard to evil.
    God was cluless to Satan's forth coming dirty deeds.

NOT ANY MORE.

I don't have to squirm my way out of it, I agree with it 100%. God creating omniscience within Himself after Satan, gave Him all the experience with Bad He needed. He fore-saw how bad the evil that Satan created would get. So, HE WOULD PUT AN END TO IT, ON HIS TERMS, THE WAY HE WANTS TO, and maybe just maybe, He has a load of yellow waiting for those that wish yellow on Him.

Edited by - pomegranate on 31 October 2002 17:5:15

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    There was never any bad before Eve sinned yet there was Law.."do not eat of the tree in the middle of the garden"....a Law before bad in the human realm.

Wrong:

Rom 5:12-13

12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned- 13 for before the law (DO NOT EAT) was given, sin was in the world.

• rem
    rem

Wow Pomegrante, I can see that you have trouble understanding the difference between the generic term "law" and the Mosaic "Law" in the bible. This seems to be what much of your 'reasoning' hinges on.

I've seen all sorts of ridiculous theories from strained, twisted interpretations of select bible scriptures, so this doesn't surprise me at all.

If you could find a way to show that your theory is falsifiable, then it might be worth something. As it stands, it's just a bunch of imaginative gobbledeegoop. What's worse is that it makes your god look like an idiot.

rem

Edited by - rem on 31 October 2002 16:49:10

• gumby
    gumby

Pom,

It was an unwritten Law....a command!

I took your comment to mean there were no Laws from the Lord to man.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Law and command are the same thing. Proof?

The "command" carried a death penalty.

Sounds like LAW to me,

PS. with CAPITAL punishment to boot.

Edited by - pomegranate on 31 October 2002 16:52:42

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    I can see that you have trouble understanding the difference between the generic term "law" and the Mosaic "Law" in the bible. This seems to be what much of your 'reasoning' hinges on.

Well Mr. Teacher of the Law why don't you reprove me? Show me where I am mistaken and need adjusting.

I've seen all sorts of ridiculous theories from strained, twisted interpretations of select bible scriptures, so this doesn't surprise me at all.

Just like evolutionists, you make a claim of ridiculousness without ANY counter fact, proof, evidence or even a simple reason why. The only reason it is "ridiculous, strained and twisted" is because you say so. Yeah,OK. I'll believe you.

If you could find a way to show that your theory is falsifiable, then it might be worth something.

What the heck is that supposed to mean?

As it stands, it's just a bunch of imaginative gobbledeegoop. What's worse is that it makes your god look like an idiot.
    You and gumby should get together, you have a lot in common.

Edited by - pomegranate on 31 October 2002 16:58:9

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

So then why did God create Angels in the first place?

I guess what it comes down to prom is this: God is now (in my opinion always has been) all knowing. As such, he knew that adam+eve would sin, that death would be the punishment, everyones sins- EVERYTHING. He knows since day 1 that Jesus is going to die, etc...etc...etc..etc...

So whats the point. All he had to do was either A: Kick Satans ass B: Have the Tree of Life closed for the day. God knowingly allowed all of these things to happen, he has allowed death and sin and pain!! So whats the point?? To test us??? Obviously that cant be it because He already knows what we are going to do. Its not a test if you know the outcome. So the whole concept is pointless unless He ENJOYS all of this madness. He is having fun!!! Im not doubting his love, just accepting the fact that we are just one big ant farm........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit