Can any believer answer this?

by LucidSky 116 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    God made animals to terrify and rip other animals apart.....or did he?

There is NO other God that can create life. ALL life from the flesh shredding T-Rex, to the lowly cuddly borrowing blind vole, ALL life in it's GOOD and (seemingly) BAD variety is from God. God created the physical world BOUND TO DEATH, because it would take a death, a very valuable death to UNBIND that which was made bound. In the physical world, all death gives life (though temporary, as it has to be done over and over again in a cycle) as FOOD or FERTILIZER.

The true FOOD had to come. FOOD and DRINK that need only be taken ONCE and for all...to impart the kind of life that food bent on death could never give. The eternal kind.

Satan is a faux god, BUT...a GOD JUST THE SAME.

Satan wanted to play the game of God...then the rules of God will apply...will the real God please stand up?

Satan, SIT DOWN. As a matter of fact, LIE DOWN. Wait, no, lie down in this deep hole....Get it?

• Ginosko
    Ginosko

Hi Pom,

Sounds good your theory I like it, and I also agree that Satan had develop his own personallity before the earth creation, and that Satan is also a creator in his own: the creator of the evil things. And in this way he tried to be as God: a creator. That could explain why is not a tree of the good and evil in the heaven and only in the earth.

But in reference about animals eating animals, if this is an intrinsic moral question: Why did Jah told Noah that he coud ate animals after the flood ? As we know He could gave him manna or some food similar, but He authorice Noah to ate animals. If eat animal are a bad thing why did He authorice Noah, and why did this commandment was not changed by Jesus ? You remember that Jesus made some changes, for example about the poligamy. That's the reason because I believe that maybe God create the food chain, and I think that they are a lot of biological fact in support of this position.

I would appreciate your comments.

• Navigator
    Navigator

Have you considered that it wasn't God who created this earth? That might explain why it is far from perfect. In John 1, it states that it was the Son who created all things. If it was the Son in a separated state that might explain the absense of perfection. When Jesus was being tempted in the wilderness by Satan, Satan offered him all the Kingdoms of the earth. Jesus didn't challenge Satan's right to make the offer. He seemed to understand that it was Satan's territory.

• jgnat
    jgnat

ginosko, I am with you.

I think that is only a cultural point of view to see offensive that animals eat animals. I prefer to see Isaiah 11:6 as symbolic, not literal. Genesis talk about the wild beasts and also great sea "monsters" previous to the sin of Adam.

If I see one more recipe for vegetarian doggie treats, I think I am going to vomit.

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Excellent comments by everyone. So nice to see a thread that remains at a discussion level.

If, though, we take the assumption (from scripture) that the earth will again become a paradise like the Garden of Eden, and we are told that such a return to what once was means no sickness, no death, no animals eating people or other animals, then we must logically conclude that for a period of time, those same conditions existed previously on the earth, during a time commonly referred to as the Garden of Eden. King James refers to the animals at that time not as "wild" but as "beasts of the field". A subtle distinction, of course, but not necessarily alluding to anything wild or dangerous about them.

Dino's and evolution and natural nature of wild animals wouldn't enter the picture at all since, if the Garden existed at any time, God could create whatever parameters He so desired for that space and time, to suit His intent and purpose, no matter what was or had been going on in the rest of the world. The Garden was a unique settng in time and space.

Just a thought!

Susan

• avishai
    avishai

Also, Iif we were supposed to be "perfect" & the fall was'nt supposed to happen, we would never get sick & die, why do we have immune systems? White blood cells, etc.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

LucidSky,

IslandWoman: So you feel that man and beast ate only vegetation up to the flood. I used to believe something similar. Gumby mentioned the dinosaurs. My main question is why God created dinosaurs and other animals with sharp teeth and claws that are most suited for meat-eating?

I was explaining what the Bible is saying. Nothing more.

As for teeth, we too have teeth that can tear meat. As for answering the question as to why God would create animals with sharp teeth and claws, for me the answer: "because he wanted to", is sufficient at this time.

Questions arise from a lack of knowledge, from intellectual darkness. Once the "darkness" is removed (such as when it was discovered that disease is spread by bacteria and that bacteria can be spread by unwashed hands etc.) then questions are answered. I believe we have too little information to accurately and fully answer the questions you propose.

IW

• gumby
    gumby

why do we have immune systems? White blood cells, etc.

Another example of ONE of the many questions that makes ones doubt the bible or at least question it.

As for you Lucid Sky,

You do not seem too realize that it is a PROVEN fact that animals prior to man creation .......ATE MEAT! PERIOD!

Re-read Genesis.

You will see that all vegetation was given for food. Not untill after the flood was meat mentioned for food.

Did you even look up info. on dinosaurs? Read a little. Those big teeth and digestive tracts, and food in the bellies of these creatures, were not that of taking in vegetation. Go BEYOND the W.T. or any other fundy group that doesn't discuss these issues honestly.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    Why did Jah told Noah that he coud ate animals after the flood ? As we know He could gave him manna or some food similar, but He authorice Noah to ate animals. If eat animal are a bad thing why did He authorice Noah, and why did this commandment was not changed by Jesus ?

I believe for a number of reasons. The main one being:

I believe it was more metaphor in relation to what Christ was to be in the future for those chosen. True food.

For Noah and following, it was animals, flesh consumed, blood pourd out. Over time in the Bible it went from a definition of not just any animal, but to the well known Lamb of the Passover.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    Have you considered that it wasn't God who created this earth?

Gen 1:1
    1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

No I haven't.

That might explain why it is far from perfect.

Deut 32:4
    4 He is the Rock, his works are perfect,
    and all his ways are just.

The earth with the created Good and Bad physical things are perfect and just. It's the BAD spiritual defiance in heaven that God is not responsible for. As it is in heaven, so it is on earth, until the alotted time for disposal of the unclean thing that causes a stench to high heaven.

In John 1, it states that it was the Son who created all things.

Yep. That means the Son is the

If it was the Son in a separated state that might explain the absense of perfection.

Perfection is not absent in creation at all in my understanding, but I believe you have a truth in the Son being seperated from Father. A division that also was caused by Satan.

When Jesus was being tempted in the wilderness by Satan, Satan offered him all the Kingdoms of the earth. Jesus didn't challenge Satan's right to make the offer. He seemed to understand that it was Satan's territory.
    Indeed, all of the offspring of Adam and Eve are sons of the Devil. Unless, unless God changes the bitter to sweet by His own decision.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit