NEW policy! NO LIT for EX-JWs!

by MinisterAmos 117 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

So... they're wanting the active JWs to cease handing out literature to some. How do the JWs determine if they are 'apostate' - or whatever?

Anyway... what this means is that the publishers hand out less - all around.

The publishers request less literature from the hall.

The WTBTS prints less on their printing machinery.

Are they daft?!

Regards,

Jim TX

• Black Soul
    Black Soul

Wow that is really going to affect my reading habits... because the amount of literature I read in last 10 years is about, what's that word, ahem, oi, yes I remember now - ZERO

• Gill
    Gill

'Theocratic Warfare!'

What about us who have literature forced on us by relatives. Looking forward to lifting the secret Watchtowers however! One needs a little 'fun' and espionage in life! I love this game!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

They have no misconception that we apostates will not be able to get the literature. Past history proves otherwise.

The real reason is to widen the gap between those who remain and those who leave - in the minds of the dubs.

They do not fear us having the literature - they don't like it too much - they fear the contact that can result in further loss of membership.

The organization is becoming even more isolationist. The Dubs-only version of the Watchtower. The demonizing of the internet and education. And now, the restriction of literature to those who might not appreciate 'sprititual things'. They are becoming increasingly like Waco.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

BTW - could anyone get a copy of the letter scanned for us to see?

Jeff

• Emma
    Emma

So how is this dub's only issue going to work? Do you get it from your book study conductor? Must not be lying around the lit counter.

Wonder if there will be a divide between those who love being in the secret half and those who think everyone should have the info.

• Gopher
    Gopher

The Pharisees have made yet another rule. This will only affect the minds of JW's, and will have LITTLE OR NO effect on ex-JW's who wish to get their hands on 'contraband' literature.

Like Jim_TX said:

How do the JWs determine if they are 'apostate' - or whatever?

In all the years I went out distributing Watchtower literature, I remember only one time where I came across a DF'd person. And I didn't even know it -- the elder who was with me told me that the guy was DF'd.

Personally, I have moved 50 miles away from my last congregation. I think one or two old-timers in this little river city remember my parents, but nobody in the congregation knows me. So if they came to my door, they'd have no chance to enforce this new order from WT headquarters, unless I volunteered that I am DF'd (yeah right).

• Gill
    Gill

How many book publishing companys try to STOP people reading their books?

This should raise some doubts in those R and F who are still committed. Surely they aim to spread 'da Troof' to everyone, don't they? How are they going to get rid of their mags if they have to be careful who they give them to?

The most fun will be getting the private Watchtowers to read. I like a good laugh!

• DJK
    DJK

There was a thread here a short time ago about two Watchtower mags per month, in the near future, and one is not available for the public. Could this new issue be so secret that they create this policy as an added protectection to keep it from the public?

• Gill
    Gill

They must be daft.

There are more than enough JWs who post on this board, (secret agents, super heroes, what ever you might wish to call them) that there is no way they can keep the lit secret.

Do I smell the rotting flesh of a dying cult?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit