NEW policy! NO LIT for EX-JWs!

by MinisterAmos 117 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quandry
    Quandry

You are right Undercover!

Nowadays the WTS tries to find ways to control who gets their publications.

It is all about control. Make people nervous and scared to miss meetings. They were always going on about how those in countries where the work was banned had to be at one meeting to know where the next would be. These are tactics to keep people on that exaustive high alert status, always afraid the big A is coming in the next hour.

Sometimes I used to think about the many times they'd say It's the time of the harvest and no farmer did anything else during this time of work. Then I'd think, yeah, but didn't the poor guy ever get to rest? One cannot stay in a crisis mode indefinetely. It gets nervewracking.

I was on this alert status for more than 30 years. yes, I would have to say I was under their control. They are masters of it.

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

WHAT A PILE OF POOP!!!!#

WHAT R THEY SCARED OF?????

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    Yeah, but I can't help it. I'm bipolor and I'm dislexic. One day I'm knockin on doors in my polyester yardsale witness clothes, then two days later I'll be damned if I ain't smokin a dube and sittin at my computor gossipin about the dumb bastards. My new medication is supposed to keep me on a level plane cept for I ain't sure if I'll now be wearin yardsale clothes and witnessing to people........ or coming here and makin an ass outta meself

Hey, gumby, you need to mix it up a little and haul out the dube instead of your Bible at a door or two. I'll bet you'll get a much warmer reception!

Nina

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

My mother hosted a bookstudy at her home for over 15 years.

Just recently, she learned that they were moving it to the Kingdom Hall.

So now they have a Wednesday morning study catering to older people, 2nd and 3rd shifters, etc., AND
    one on Thursday night in the main auditorium, and NOW this one that will be moved to the library/second school.

Is this a trend?

• Scully
    Scully

Hey SERVICE DEPARTMENT:

How are you going to stop me from picking up the WTs and Awakes your drones leave at my place of employment? or at the laundromat? or in phone booths? or at train stations? or at the dentist's or doctor's office?

How are you going to stop me from going and buying those old blue Truth books and other WTS literature at used book stores and flea markets and garage sales?

Your instructions to your drones were basically to litter the world with your crap, like a plague of locusts. How do you plan on taking it back now?

• Mary
    Mary
    If you find an expelled person in the field or are studying with one, you are no longer permitted to give them lit. Presumably the Elders make a decision if an expelled one is regularly attending meetings, but only they can give them lit.

I wonder how many months the Slobbering Body members frantically tried to come up with a viable way of keeping their crappy literature out of the hands of 'apostates'. This was the best they could come up with? Good lord......You'd think that whoever they have monitoring this site would realize that there are many of us that have open access to all their literature, past and present. Do they really think a feable minded decision like this is going to do ANYTHING except maybe get more in the congregations so start wondering why they're being so damn secretive.

Idiots.

• gumby
    gumby

Quandry,

They were always going on about how those in countries where the work was banned had to be at one meeting to know where the next would be.

The old bastards have never mentally moved with technology and are so old fashioned they seem to forget witness now actually have something called a cell phone in which you can actually communicate with another person miles away I used to get so mad everytime they'd tell us we needed to be at the meetings because it might be the meeting in which we'll find out where to meet the next time if things really get tough. Good Lord, how damn hard could it be to find out fer gods sake?

Hey, gumby, you need to mix it up a little and haul out the dube instead of your Bible at a door or two.

With my memory lately Nina, that could very well happen. Woops

Mad Tiger,

So now they have a Wednesday morning study catering to older people, 2nd and 3rd shifters, etc., AND
    one on Thursday night in the main auditorium, and NOW this one that will be moved to the library/second school.

Is this a trend?

They have been doing this for quite some time. Our congregation has a book study at the hall on Saterday mornings for those who have to work late shifts during the week and for older ones. After the study they go out in service. What a lovely way to start the weekend after a long week at work eh?

Scullymeisterbabe,

How are you going to stop me from picking up the WTs and Awakes your drones leave at my place of employment? or at the laundromat? or in phone booths? or at train stations? or at the dentist's or doctor's office?

I thought the same thing. Just yesterday I was at the docs office and saw two in the magazine rack in the waiting room. I darn near took them out and trashed the bastards but I figured with my luck, the receptionist would catch me and just happen to be a witness who recognized me, she'd turn my arse in and I'd be disfellowshipped again.

Gumby

• Warlock
    Warlock

It was always my experience that DF'd ones had to have an elder get them all literature.

Warlock

• metatron
    metatron

Could we accept this as a sign of defeat?

Let me explain: First, it suggests to me that they are really losing people, in the sense that they perceive that many people who are DF'd

aren't ever coming back, period. Second, what's the big deal about some literature here or there? Could this be an expression of collective

anger? Over recent defeats related to court case settlements and selling off buildings? I think that many of us, ex-elders included,

have observed an eagerness to punish and judge - and this could be a futile manifestation of that tendency, disguised as Theocratic

procedure.

This looks like a victory for us. Do they feel attacked by hardened apostates who seek to hurt them? Who have no intention of ever

going to a Kingdom Hall again.? Watchtower, it sucks to be you.

metatron

• Scully
    Scully

gumby:

I thought the same thing. Just yesterday I was at the docs office and saw two in the magazine rack in the waiting room. I darn near took them out and trashed the bastards but I figured with my luck, the receptionist would catch me and just happen to be a witness who recognized me, she'd turn my arse in and I'd be disfellowshipped again.

Hey, no worries, gumbapostatehunter. All you need to do is tell the Elders™ "I vaz chust fallowingk ohrdahs, ja. Ze Governingk Bawdy vants us to leave no opportunitiez fur zoze Schtoopid Aposhtates to get zere grubby hends on de Troot. HEIL!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit