NEW policy! NO LIT for EX-JWs!

by MinisterAmos 117 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

Para, your thoughts are interesting but I don't know if their edict can affect others legally.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I always bring up stuff to my mom when there's new light or whatever. She says "I see you are still reading the literature -- I think you'll come back one day." I usually tell her that I heard about the article from an apostate is all .. lol

But now I think I can use this. I can say something like, "I heard that they will not allow me to have copies of the WT and Awake now. They must not be interested in your daughter returning to Jehovah if they would do that."

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Personally I think it is kind of funny...and many here should be proud of themselves. It must make them crazy to come to apoastate sites and see their lit for all to see. I love it, it just shows those that are really looking, how controlling this cult really is. Should they be that afraid of others having their lit? If they had nothing to hide why in the world would they care who has it. As much as the JW's put down the Catholic Church for the dark ages when they would not let anyone have a bible....seems the same tactics to me.

Leslie

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

It's all about control, as always.

Nina

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Thats ok with me, I woulnd't even use their lit. for toilet paper if I had too!!! No problemo!!!

nj

• metatron
    metatron

You've suggested good reasons for this move. I can only add a continuing need to save money

to the mix. They've always been cheap. They've been avoiding sending out free literature to people

in institutions ( prisons, nursing homes) for this reason. I know this first hand, from dealing with

people in jail, as an elder.

Life's water free, my a$$

metatron

• oldflame
    oldflame

I wonder if this has anything to do with the rag I ripped into shreds and placed it back on their windshield ?

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I thought its been that way for a long time.........when I was df'd a few years back, they told me I couldnt get the LIT anymore, but I could get it from the elders at the hall.

• BFD
    BFD

I don't get it. If they are offering such an important life saving message why would they want to limit who is getting that message? What makes them think that they can control who reads the crap once it leaves the printing press.

When they go to a door do they now have to ask the householder if they are apostate or DF'd? How do they judge who is worthy of thier life saving message?

I can't believe anyone could be this stupid.

BFD

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    but I could get it from the elders at the hall

Hmmn...this would be opportunity for fun wouldnt it?

I should turn up in a sleeveless t-shirt brandishing my dragon tattoo- I would make a point of wearing jeans too - ripped ones!

I would make sure my iPod is turned up really loud (probably with some very 'debased' music); then promptly trip up over the rug near the door and then then proceed to take photos of the carpet for evidence in my Personal Injury claim.

When I am at the counter I could shout 'when is the article about the child abuse settlements going to be in the watchtower?' and then correct myself shouting 'oh I forgot, I dont have the right to read that version of the watchtower do I?'

Its petty and demonstrates that they are a cult!

G

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit