NEW policy! NO LIT for EX-JWs!

by MinisterAmos 117 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ninja
    ninja

no Gill ...thats my armpits

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Could this new issue be so secret that they create this policy as an added protectection to keep it from the public?

Likely that is part of the plan. Of course that won't work either.

I have been out of the organization for nearly 4 years now - and I usually see the letters to the BOE before the elders here do.

Jeff

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

They are closing the door to the ark, or something like that.

purps

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Well I guess the only way now will be to get the literature from the local laundry mat !

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Reminds me of Seinfeld and the Soup Nazi, but instead it the Magz Nazi .... NO MAGS FOR YOU! They are such idiots, all that does is make the religion look that much more secretive and in turn causes people to make it a goal it get their hands on the magz that they are not suppose to have.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

CULT!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Remember, all it takes is one person to get a copy of the Kool-Aid edition of the Craptower and scan or post a review of all the pertinent articles. Once that is posted, anyone can print it out at home, without committing to a houndingstudy. And anyone can discuss it, whether on this forum or on another (so long as the post is accessible to guests or is on another Web site, anyone will be able to see it).

I hope they manage to shoot themselves in the other foot by doing this. Besides, there is always their official Web site where they post all their garbage. And there are always those who have a believing mate or child that they can sneak a copy of the magazine or literature to scan (this has happened frequently with many letters. Go to www.watchtower.cc for a host of very damaging letters that were never supposed to have even left the Kingdumb Hell.) If those letters got posted, then how do they expect to stop apostates from posting the Kool-Aid material?

• Xena
    Xena

hhhmmm this might explain why the one sister I had who was still somewhat friendly with me is no longer so....even my niece and nephew have commented on her acting bizzare when it comes to me.

This makes me more and more glad I got out when I did...crazy shit.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I see this as a legal strike against apostates and websites such as this.

Right now the society has little to no recourse against apostates. But if they restrict magazines to ex-witnesses I think they're hoping that others will scan and upload them to websites. Not that anyone wants to really read them, but in an effort to thumb their noses at the tower.

This will give them legal recourse against the site owners due to copywrite laws. The site owners must show diligence in moderating out copywritten content otherwise they are guilty of inaction.

They may also be required to hand over personal information regarding the account that posted the content such as registration and IP.

Now I may be giving the society more credit then they are due, but I've seen this happen in 3 separate industries. I would advise caution, the tower might be playing hardball now.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Also of note, my father asked my wife this weekend if we are getting magazines from the hall that we are assigned to. Previously, my mother kept a double order and dropped them off at our house in quarterly dumps.

He told my wife the they would no longer be dropping magazines off to us, if we wanted to get them, we'd need to get them from our hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit