NEW policy! NO LIT for EX-JWs!

by MinisterAmos 117 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Another thought that I had.

How would this affect their IRS status? Aren't they some sort of 'educational' class... or is it just religious (in which case they don't have to share sh**).

Regards,

Jim TX

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Was this a BOE letter? If so does anyone have a scan of it?

-ithinkisee

• undercover
    undercover

I'd love to see a scan of that letter myself.

It seems that back when I was a literature and magazine servant, we weren't supposed to give literature to DFd people. They had to go to the elders who would arrange to get them whatever they sought, usually accompanied by a Bible study indoctrination session with an elder.

One PO I knew made the comment that, 'If someone has been DFed, I don't care about him or her anymore'

The PO of one congregation said to me after his only son was DFd and I made the mistake of asking how he was doing, "I no longer have a son".

• JH
    JH

I think that they are ashamed of all their false teachings.

• gumby
    gumby
    If you find an expelled person in the field or are studying with one, you are no longer permitted to give them lit.

I got news for you.........you never were allowed to give literature to a DFed person, so evidently this is a reminder, not a change in policy.

As for studying with a DFed one? Hello? Since when did a publisher EVER study with a DFed person? Never, that's when.

The ONLY one who can study with a DFed person is an elder and that only happens if a DFed one has applied for reinstatement and the elder body feels a bible study would benifit the DFed one in some way. I was out for 13 years, recently got reinstated (for sake of family and my sanity) and I was not offered a bible study.

Why this letter is being read baffles me unless there has been a problem with publishers calling on DFed ones and speaking with them. All witnesses know that speaking to a DFed one is a no no....let alone having one on your magazine route as a return visit or even for a first time encounter with one in the ministry.

We didn't have a meeting here this week because of the assembly, but so far I have not heard of this letter being read.

Gumby

• lawrence
    lawrence

Gumby - You don't need no stinking Bible Study! What the hell are they going to teach/brainwash you?

As for the reminder regarding literature, screw them! Their publications aren't worthy of the trees that are cut! Period! They can choke on their screwed up drivel. Do I hear an Amen! AMEN!

• gumby
    gumby
    Gumby - You don't need no stinking Bible Study! What the hell are they going to teach/brainwash you?

Actually Lawrence that's exactly what I told my son-in-law Id say to them if they did ask me. They would probably start you out in the "What does the Bible Teach" book (I think it's the one they now use for bible studies) and you would study all the shit you have studied since day 1. I can imagine sitting there answering questions like "What is Gods Name?, Who really is Jesus?, What type of friends should we have? etc.

My guess is they give no consideration to the fact a DFed one doesn't need that TYPE of a study, but as we all know they go by the Manuel of what the FDS tells them they should study with such ones with no questions asked.

Btw, when you comin over and twisting up a fatty with me?

Gumganja

• davegod
    davegod

So Gumby, you some kind of double agent?

• rebel8
    rebel8

If someone gets this edict in print, please send it to www.factnet.org. I imagine it would make their front page of news, because it is a big indicator of a cult. What mainstream religion would prevent non-members from receiving their literature? None.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Little green bendy Gumby says:

Why this letter is being read baffles me unless there has been a problem with publishers calling on DFed ones and speaking with them. All witnesses know that speaking to a DFed one is a no no....let alone having one on your magazine route as a return visit or even for a first time encounter with one in the ministry.

That was my first thought. This is a reminder, and it is letting people know-df'd ones included-that they are bad... bad...and not to be associated with. They need to be punished, and humiliated if they come to the Hall.

Everyone needs to see that they have no literature with them, so that they are visible to everyone and it is evident that they are unworthy. They need to grovel to an elder and humbly ask for spiritual food, such as the Pharisees fed to the ones in their day--you know, the ones that Jesus described as giving crumbs from the table.

Only really worthy ones will have literature. The elders will determine if you are a regular attender. Everyone will have to determine for himself how they will get the attention of the elders to show that they are at the meetings.

Maybe they could take roll. If a person is traveling for some reason, he could get a voucher signed that he attended elsewhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit