ITS FRIDAY....................................

by defd 153 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH
    Balls

I love the game!

• ballistic
    ballistic
    LMAO.....It is something like 45's! If you know how to play that!

No? No idea. I'm English don't forget. We only play games like naked twister with jello and strip poker.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Forty-Fives

Forty-Fives is a descendant of the Irish game Spoil Five. It is much played among the Irish population in the New World - especially in Nova Scotia - the most popular version being one with bidding, technically known as Auction Forty-Fives, and also sometimes called One Hundred and Twenty, which is more logical given that 120 is the target score and the number 45 has no relevance to the game.

For rules of Auction Forty-Fives (or 120) and also the older game of 45 without bidding see Dave Barker's page Rules for Auction Forty-Fives.

Bob Reichert's book on Forty Fives covers the tactics of the game, has an interesting glossary of terms used by players in North East America, and shows how to adapt the game for any number of players from 4 to 10.

The 45s Card Game computer program plays Merrimack Valley style 45s for 4 players - the web site also includes the Merrimack Valley rules.

You can download a freeware Auction Forty Fives program from Thanos Card Games.

You can play Auction Forty Fives on line at fortyfives.com

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    We only play games like naked twister with jello and strip poker.

Hey, can I come over?????????

• Legolas
    Legolas
    No? No idea. I'm English don't forget. We only play games like naked twister with jello and strip poker.

I think I played that last night!

Or did I have a premonition of tonight!

• ballistic
    ballistic

ar, ok, I read just about enough to realise we have some games in a similar vein. I am a poker man myself. I had a major hard core poker session the other night. I had bad luck big time. Lost about 50 pence by the end of the night.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Sorry I had to add my veggies to the roast!

Lost about 50 pence

How much is that!

• ballistic
    ballistic

Errr, I guess over there it would buy you a postage stamp.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Here you go guys, real beer...

It's going down well...

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Weekends are made for relaxation.

Happy Friday to you all!!!

DY and be

Share this

Google+
Pinterest