SHOULD I PIONEER OR COLLEGE?

by stillAwitness 93 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Miss_MG
    Miss_MG

I would hate to think of you wishing you had those years back please learn by the experiences you have read and you wont become another victim of the watchtower society

• wildhare
    wildhare

You should go to college.

If I had it to do again at your age I would do it. You wind up with more responsiblity the older you get. Take it from me I am in college and work a full time job. I come home each night to my 2 daughters spend time with them and then do my homework. It starts all over again the next morning. I wish I had done it when I was young and didn't have to worry about anyone else. Would have been alot easier.

So go down and get yourself enrolled ASAP.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Wow! I nominate this thread for most newbie responses ever. Welcome to all of you.

Enjoy your college experience!! I'm 30 and need to upgrade just to get into college. It's very difficult to go to school and work to scrape to make ends meet, but it is so worth it in the end.

It sounds like you already have your mind made up to stay where you are, so the best of luck to you. Feel free to pm me if you'd like to chat.

Dams

• Beans
    Beans

The answer is simple BROTHER!

Pioneer!

• mothergoose
    mothergoose

Hi stillawitness:

I'm way older than you, and I went to college before I was a Witness. I have NEVER regretted that, although when I was a witness, I was very careful who I let know that, since it wasn't a popular thing to do at that time. Having not been a witness for many years now, I can tell you about the experience of my two sons, neither of which went to college. The older one wishes very much that he had gone to college when he was younger, but since he has a good job now (doesn't mean he's always had one) he doesn't feel too bad about it. The younger son did go to junior college for a while, but couldn't get a job in the field (TV production) that he wanted, so he ended up following his father into electrical contracting. I'm here to tell you that you will never be sorry that you are going to college. If you don't know what you want to be, don't worry--there is plenty of counseling to help you find your niche, and there are many students that don't know what they want to do with their lives when they are in school. I didn't know either. Thought I wanted to teach, did my student teaching, and decided I DIDN'T want to teach! Only after I had graduated from college did I find what I really wanted to do--which was medical record administration--and it fit right in with all the anatomy, physiology, and biology courses I took in school. You've probably never heard of that, but it's very important to the hospitals and doctors. Also it's a good field for women, even today, good pay, and you'll never be out of work! Also remember that God (I don't refer to Him as Jehovah any more), has a hand in everything you do, and with prayer to Him and guidance from Him, you will find your place in life.

So just keep going to college, and graduate--that's important too. Employer's like to see that you've finished what you started.

Mothergoose

• calico
    calico

Go to college!! People in my age group sure wish they had! I was told the end would come before I was out of high school--now my son is in high school!!

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

GO TO COLLEGE!! I'm 24 and just finishing up my freshman year. But it is so much fun. I love learning. Most schools offer some online courses so that you don't have to show for every class. And most online classes have discussions that work just like this and other forums so it's a breeze.

For those of you that are in your 30's and didn't go, you can still go. Start in a community college at night and transfer out. My co-worker who has been working here for 10 years decided to go back. (she dropped out when she got married). She's having her 40th birthday and in her senior year of college. She's not planning on leaving this job, but you never know what will happen tomorrow, so it's good to have a degree to cushion any fall.

• inquirer
    inquirer

I guess it's more logical to go to College because it's knowledge.

My "college" was the research on the JW's. Thanks to this site I looked at Crisis of Conscience.

I looked at your profile. If you researched the JW's, you should continue research that eventually (hopefully) gives you $$$$.

• Hondo
    Hondo

I am 56 and just wrapping up my BS in Information Systems Management. It was a long haul, but the feeling is great that I am almost there. Remember, learning is a lifelong experience, whether in school or out. As someone stated above, GO TO COLLEGE!!! You will never forgive yourself if you don't.

• voltaire
    voltaire

I'm 37, I just finished my Master's last year in linguistics. It wasn't an Ivy Leage School and I have a rather modest job in a community college, but I'm happy. My work is satisfying and I earn a decent living. Go to school. BTW, I pioneered 10 years. That was my best decade in terms of strength and stamina. In some ways it seems like a waste, in other ways I'm grateful for the experience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit