SHOULD I PIONEER OR COLLEGE?

by stillAwitness 93 Replies latest watchtower bible

• undercover
    undercover
    If you need to go to school to support yourself then the Almighty knows that...the important thing is to always put him first and he will sustain you.

There's a contradiction there.

If you always put the Almighty first and he will sustain you, why would you need to go to school to support yourself?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Hi Rooster! Welcome to JWD!

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    So Brewer is in agreement too!

against the orders of his slave masters in Brooklyn

• M.J.
    M.J.
    If you always put the Almighty first and he will sustain you, why would you need to go to school to support yourself?

Who says that getting a college education cannot be part of fulfilling your Godly purpose? Even if that purpose doesn't somehow benefit a publishing corporation.

• love11
    love11

Back in the 70's and 80's college was a no-no.

But since the "new world" isn't here yet, I guess they figured that they better start encouraging college because:

1. Witnessses seem to take Welfare over college and that doesn't look good on their organization.

2. Donations dwindling

3. Do you really want to live in a Paradise with uneducated people? Scary to say the least.

Who cares if you haven't decided on a major yet. It will come to you.

I'm 30 years old and finally a freshmen in college. YAH! Take all your basic classes first and also take elective classes. Your major will become apparent in no time at all. Do what you love because your the one going to spend 8 or more hours a day for the rest of your life at a job, so it better be something you like not what your mom likes.

• jstalin
    jstalin

Go to college. I'm 26 and have been going part time for five years. It is worth it. Don't worry about not declaring a major.. you still have a couple of years before it matters too much. Get all the basics out of the way. You'll never regret going to college, whereas you'll read plenty of testimonies on here of people who regret not going.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Hi, The brothers have never changed their position on schooling. Kingdom was and continues to be number one priority, (Matt 6:33). If you need to go to school to support yourself then the Almighty knows that...the important thing is to always put him first and he will sustain you.

He sustained me by permitting me to move back into my mothers home when I lost my own home - twice. The first time my crutches sustained me while I carried a few belongings, leaving the rest behind because the "brothers" would not help me move. When I was injured the "brothers" lightened my workload by going out to canvass my customers and undercut my prices. The second time I lost my home I was turning down job offers that involved shift work. I didn't accept them because I didn't want to miss meetings. I was blessed by Jehover, who saw fit to simplify my life by allowing me to lose my apartment once again. W

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

GET YOUR BUTT INTO TO COLLEGE IMMEDIATELY!!!

DY

• anewme
    anewme

I have never witnessed anyone who went to college leave the truth. In fact the 4 friends from my old hall to did go to college are all elders now and own their own homes and support wives and kids, in contrast to the rest of us who didnt think for ourselves or who had witness parents who said no to it.

Blondie suggested you get a goal in mind, that is good advise.

The truth is the truth is the truth. Going to college is not going to change a thing except the amount of money in your bank account and how your back and feet feel at the end of the day.
    If you were my daughter, I'd be proud you were going to college to get a career.

But I would not want you to leave Jehovah.

Best wishes,
    Anewme

• Gerard
    Gerard

I was 21 when I went to college, and took me 1 year to decide my major. Then I went back for another degree at age 30. Best decisions in my life.

Just do it, while you have the chance!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit