SHOULD I PIONEER OR COLLEGE?

by stillAwitness 93 Replies latest watchtower bible

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I am older, and have a few degrees under the belt.

I ditched the JW education thing and went to school. Luckily, my JW parents supported me. They had both wanted to go to college, but did not have the opportunity when they were young. Neither bought into the "college is wrong" dogma.

I was undecided for 2 years, picked 3 majors. Graduated two years late (due to my own figuring out what I wanted to do). Went to work in "Field 1." Ended up making a really good salary for a long time. Got bored, but I had saved enough money/paid bills to take time off. Went back for another, advanced degree, in the same field. Got bored part way through. Switched and completed another, totally different degree. I'd do it all over again. No matter what you do, you are learning. College teaches you how to think and how to research. College is invaluable. Take the good (learning), some of the fun (parties), and leave the bad (date rapes & drug addiction). The bad can be found anywhere, not just in college.

I strongly suggest that you go to the guidance center. They have tests which show what profession fits your aptitude and attitude. My first was pretty much devoid of human contact. No wonder I left it.

Skeeter

• Auchmull
    Auchmull

There's a time and a place for everything.

It's called college.

• Forscher
    Forscher
    Go to College and major in plumbing.

Not a bad idea. The state I live in requires a Bachelor's degree in order to be liscensed as a master plumber. What that means in practical terms is that a person who gets such a liscense need not unstick a toilet. all they do with that liscense is to hire journeymen plumbers to do all the work while they collect the lion's share of the money. Not bad!
    Forscher

• JapanBoy
    JapanBoy

only COLLEGE!!!! or better yet the finest University you can get into! Do not listen to ANY of the JW retoric on this topic. GOOD LUCK IN SCHOOL.

K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit