For those who Believe the bible to be true............

by defd 133 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I like Jesus when he nailed the Pharisees to the wall, calling them offspring of vipers and compared them to whitewashed graves.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh and I must qualify my above post by saying, I don't believe all of the bible is true. It's clearly been severely messed with by control freaks.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Defd... I didn't make myself clear. I apologise it was the end of a long day at work.

Your right it does not say you can not go near a vineyard. YOU MISSED MY POINT which is this...

Why would you go near somewhere that has TEMPTATIONS that may cause you to violate your law. I wasn't being specific about it and all technical. I was merely casting an observation. The WTBTS has told you over and over don't associate with apostates, don't associate with disphellowsipped ones, don't associate with disassociated ones yet here you are. Don't you see that you are hanging around in a grey area.

Please don't attack me in future because as I stated I was never attacking you I just was sharing what I found interesting.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Miss peaches I commend your patience in dealing with people that truly have to be spoon fed. You see the witness have never really had to use their brain or reasoning capasity, as everything they believe has been given to them on a silver platter (from the humans at the top) There is no effort required - so if it's not given to them - they just can't see it.

I've learnt that even if you show them point blank what the scriptures say - they still can't see it.

By the way my favorite characters are the talking snake and the talking donkey.

• defd
    defd

Miss peaches I am sorry for being so forceful. You said you wasnt attacking me, well that how I took it. I started a thread just to focus on something positve and it seem to me you turned it into a negative , this is what you said:>>>>>>>

For me it is hard to narrow down to just one. I can relate to Samson, I like that account. He was equivalent to a mondern day Superman. I could see myself doing something like he did.

Actually that is really interesting that you say that Defd... When you really think about it you have quite a bit in common with Samson. In Numbers 6 we learn the laws of being a Nazarite. This includes:

3 he must abstain from wine and other fermented drink and must not drink vinegar made from wine or from other fermented drink. He must not drink grape juice or eat grapes or raisins. 4 As long as he is a Nazirite, he must not eat anything that comes from the grapevine, not even the seeds or skins. ; 5 " 'During the entire period of his vow of separation no razor may be used on his head. He must be holy until the period of his separation to the LORD is over; he must let the hair of his head grow long. 6 Throughout the period of his separation to the LORD he must not go near a dead body. 7 Even if his own father or mother or brother or sister dies, he must not make himself ceremonially unclean on account of them, because the symbol of his separation to God is on his head.

But then we read in Judges 14:

5 Samson went down to Timnah together with his father and mother. As they approached the vineyards of Timnah, suddenly a young lion came roaring toward him. 6 The Spirit of the LORD came upon him in power so that he tore the lion apart with his bare hands as he might have torn a young goat. But he told neither his father nor his mother what he had done. ; ; ; 8 Some time later, when he went back to marry her, he turned aside to look at the lion's carcass. In it was a swarm of bees and some honey, 9 which he scooped out with his hands and ate as he went along. When he rejoined his parents, he gave them some, and they too ate it. But he did not tell them that he had taken the honey from the lion's carcass.

So you see in Nubmers to be a Nazarite which Samson was you had to abstain from wine. In fact not even going near grapes really. Yet in Judges Samson was hanging around near the vineyards when he attacked a lion. What was he doing near the vineyards? Why does the scripture mention he didn't tell his parents about it? Because Samson knew that even though he hadn't technically disobeyed the Nazarite law he had stepped into some 'grey area'. He knew that he was in a place that could lead to temptation. In Numbers you can also see that he was not to go near a dead body.Yet in Judges he went back to the Lions carcass (still near the vineyards) and this time directly violated the law and touched the dead body. Again he didn't tell his parents because he knew that he had done something wrong. Defd you come and post an what the WTBTS would label as an 'apostate' board. This is in direct contradiction to what the 'society' has said you must not do. And you skirt around some pretty grey areas as well. Give it some thought. This is not a personal attack. I just found it to be quite interesting. ; Oh and to answer your question - My favourite character is Jesus. \ You said that it wasnt a personall attack. It seems that way to me. You totally mis read and explained away the account of Samson. you compared samson to me, with the thought of both of us being disobedient. You did say it was unlawful for samson to be around a vineyard. You asked why was he there and proceeded to imply he knew he was in a gray area. Then proceed to tell your version of the account. When in fact if you read it in context, it tells a different story. Read my reply again and you will see. So yes I was upset. Not only did you attack me, you High- jacked the bible account of Samson and made him out to be a disobedient lying, animal abuser. Which by the way, you said HE attacked a lion, which in fact the bible says the lion ATTACKED him. D.

• defd
    defd

Lets keep this one alive. I really want to see how some explain away this.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Oooh! And I 'd really like if someone also tried to explain how Samson gattered the 300 foxes, tied them up by the tail with torches and all, sorry I keep bringing that up, but someone who does beleive this story, just MUST explain that to me! Please.:)

• defd
    defd

lilcurly what is it that you done understand about that?

• Chia
    Chia

It's ludicrous, that's what.

• defd
    defd

I guess I will except jgnats SILENT admission for being wrong and sorry and end this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit