What is WRONG with people? (Looters, shooters, et al)

by AlmostAtheist 88 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme
    The military needs to go in there now and take control.

I agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sooner the better or it's going to get even worse

• seven006
    seven006

My son is leaving for New Orleans in the morning with some members of his fire team. Besides the bulletproof vest, Kevlar helmet and m-4 rifle, they told him to bring some bug spray. His fire team might be part of those who will collect dead bodies when the water starts to recede.

They are afraid of the bug problem and the diseases that are sure to start spreading because of the contaminated water, dead bodies in it and humid climate. He volunteered to go. He said this is the kind of thing he joined the guard for, not to fight in Bush’s asinine war.

He is in a military police unit. I don’t think the looters will be looting for very long. There are well over 4,000 military police coming from all over the country that will be headed to the disaster area in the next two days. These guys have guns and bug spray and they know how to use them. My son is just one of them.

I just went to the store and bought him the bug spray.

Dave

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

(((((((Dave and Son))))) This is good news. Order has to be accomplished and quick.

I live in the Shreveport/Bossier Louisiana area, five hours north from New Orleans we are on the hurricane route out. We have our motels jammed full with evacuees .

The Shreveport Fire Department is sending 55 of our firefighters down to Slidell , Louisiana to search and rescue. We are told to donate bottled water, gatoraid and foods they can grab and eat on the run . As many of the firefighters will not take a break, go as long as they physically can. It reminds me of the attitudes of the firefighters on 9/11,, going the extra mile to help anyone.

The bugs are bad here and it is soooo , soo hot still.

God bless ones like your Son,,,,,,,,,,,hugs Dede

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I think it's really hard to imagine what these people are going through. Who was it that said we are all just one meal away from world war? These people don't know what's going on. They are not watching the news. They don't see the photos we see, and they don't know how many other people are involved. It's mob think, rumors are getting started that the only people being helped are white. Naturally, they are getting really angry. Combine that with a few that may be criminals, as we all have in all of our cities, and you've got violent chaos. I can't understand why the army wasn't there days ago. Very poor planning.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    This is what I can't understand. They KNEW several days ago that the hurricane was coming and was going to level New Orleans.

Why didn't they send in troops and get those poor people evacuated? Because they are poor. Why aren't they doing more to get them out of there now? Or get supplies to them now? Because they are poor. It's pathetic that the USA can poor all kinds of aid into other countries when there is a disaster and not do better than this for her own. C'mon. There are dead elderly people in wheel chairs outside the superdome. This is crazy.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Live news coverage of woman calling from inside the Superdome , explaining the conditions. A 10 yr old child was almost raped, two broken ankels, a 13 year old she said also raped. Bodies everywhere, violence rampant.

She said there are no police in sight there,,,,,,,,,no authority at all.

It is after 7 pm, where are the police, when will the military get there..........I am just sick.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The frightening thing is that we are all looking at exactly what would be happening to us if we were there. Or if something like this happened where we are. I read today that the mayor says that even people who are firing shots at rescuers are frightened and disoriented by heat, thirst, etc. This could happen to any of us if no one was helping under similar conditions. If this was a bunch of white wealthy people, do you think there wouldn't be help in there days ago?

• lawrence
    lawrence

FHN-

You said it!

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg
    Bottom line, if the levy had not broken, New Orleans would not be anywhere near as bad.

No S**t! I couldn't believe the prez had the balls today to say "No one ever would have guessed that the levy would break." What a load of crap. In 2000, the feds were told that the three most likely national disasters would be

1) A terrorist attack on NYC

2) A category 4 or 5 hurricane in New Orleans

3) An major earthquake in San Francisco

These were evaluated to be the MOST LIKELY....5 freakin years ago. I remember Sen. Landreau of Louisianna making impassioned speeches from the Senate floor BEGGING for funding to be continued for building levys and flood prevention in and around New Orleans...including restoration of the wetlands outside of New Orleans. The Times Picayune ran a series of articles in 2003 about how the funding for the levy projects in New Orleans had been slashed....to now finance the war in Iraq.

Law and order could have been maintained had anyone shown LEADERSHIP. The mayor of New Orleans pleaded with the governor, FEMA, and the White House....but the Prez was in AZ playing Golf and attending fundraising. The governor was telling all that "hey, we told them to get out."....and as for FEMA, the mayor said "I haven't seen anyone. Not one guy."

The affected states not only have 1/3 of their National Guard in Afghanistan and Iraq...along with their vehicles and equipment.

Is this REALLY the best that americans can do at disaster relief?

Ern

PS.... A Heartfelt thanks for all 24 foreign countries that have offered aid and assistance to America for relief in the wake of this disaster.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

My son said someone told him they heard on the news that they had plans( actuall blueprints or whatever) for an extensive levy to be built,,,,,,,,,,had the funds to start and President Bush stopped the funds because of the war in Iraq.

Hummm!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit