What is WRONG with people? (Looters, shooters, et al)

by AlmostAtheist 88 Replies latest jw friends

• kazar
    kazar

Hillbilly

Sorry but this is not the action of "poor" people, this is the actions of uncivilized selfish lowlives. I just read another excerpt revealing how shots are being fired at rescue helicopters. How foolish is that? Shoot the hand that feeds you. And they wonder why they live in squalor. You may not choose to be poor, but you choose to be a criminal. These people, black and white, are old enough to make the wrong choices and poverty has little to do with it. I grew up poor and never once robbed or hurt someone because of it. If you want a shining example of someone who grew up in the ghetto with nothing and pulled himself above it all try Gen Colin Powell."

I agree with you on this subject. I lived in DC during the riots after Martin Luther King's death and I know the thug mentality that exists during martial law.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Yeah, why can't "those" people be more like Colin Powell?

• stealyourface
    stealyourface

I am not suprised at the looting and shooting. It has long been a New Orleans (Algiers) New Years' tradition to shoot firearms randomly in the air. Why, I'll never know. Stupidity, I guess. If that is a tradition on a holiday, it would follow that when things get bad, firearms would be pointedly aimed and discharged at another human. Why, I'll never know. Kazar is on to something, this is the actions of uncivilized selfish lowlives.

(hope I didn't kill this thread)

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Looters also used a forklift to smash open a pharmacy. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,167306,00.html

Looting for drugs. F&%$#& bastards. When the government stops pussyfooting around the bush they will have to admit that only military force will restore order.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes
    only military force will restore order.

I totally agree.........how much worse does it have to get?? OMG I am so sick at my stomach right now.

• IronGland
    IronGland
    Looting for drugs. F&%$#& bastards.

Perhaps they need it? Antibiotics, insulin etc may be needed and it's not coming from outside now.

• G Money
    G Money

It seems as if some people didn't evacuate, almost hoping to loot the empty city. now they complain. It seems as if the lowest classes of people are looting. I'm not going to say it but one can see similarities in the LA riots looters and the ones now.

Hats off to those who are armed and protecting their property. Someone should be out there with a high power rifle and pick off the looters (those stealing non-food items), that would stop them fast.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

IronGland I thought of that too, I wonder if they really needed it or was it for the narcotic drugs? New Orleans has a great gang and drug problem, not to mention violence to begin with.......I just wonder why the hospitals?

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler
    Unrest Intensifies at Superdome Shelter Sep 01 3:02 PM US/Eastern

By ADAM NOSSITER Associated Press Writer

NEW ORLEANS

Fights and fires broke out, rescue helicopters and law enforcement officers were shot at and anger mounted across New Orleans on Thursday, as National Guardsmen poured in to help restore order across this increasingly desperate and lawless city.

• chrissy
    chrissy
    Four days after this and these people have no food or water,,,,,,,,,at the Superdome? How can the US not provide at least that?

I know...wtf is going on? four days? i am seeing infants on the news that will be dead soon if they do not get formula. No seriously, why are they not airdropping aid to these people. Helicopters being shot at? so what. are you telling me bushie's admin cannot immediately deploy black hawks in there to deal with these alleged "missile laden gang lords?"

Also, i think they are exaggerating things a bit. honestly. it is not like these are organized guerrillas with contraband. these are poor desperate people with stolen hand guns from walmart. geez. no not jesus, jesse jackson. where is that mug when you need him. his people need some civil justice and relief here asap. if a hurricane hit capitol hill and everyone was trapped within the national mall, i wonder how long it would take for those assholes to get aid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit