THE ULTIMATUM is about to be thrown.............

by Buck 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Buck
    Buck

well, its been a while since I was made a unbaptized publisher. Now my hand is going to be forced and I will have to be baptized by the end of the year. My gf wants my decision very soon, like the next couple of days.

Sometimes I feel ready...but I know I will never be 100% positive. How can you be?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

If you're not 100% sure, don't do it. If your girlfriend really loves you, and doesn't just want a JW husband, she'll understand.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Be 100% positive, you have to be, otherwise you are not being true to yourself and Jehovah.

Its better you back off now than after you are baptised.... trust me. It will only get ugly.

You have to be honest with yourself and God, you cant get dunked for other people, it has to be a decision you make yourself!

• upside/down
    upside/down

funkyD-

If your girlfriend really loves you, and doesn't just want a JW husband, she'll understand.

That's a big "if"...

You know Dub womunz is just lookin for a good "Dub" man....even if it is only for show.

Remember...Dub womunz have very little in the way of choices for mates...and are usually DESPERATE for a good "mate".

u/d(of the this foundation looks shaky class)

• daystar
    daystar

Buck,

I highly recommend that you consider carefully your decision. No one else will answer to Jehovah for your decision except yourself. If you are not 100% sure, then you are not sure at all. How could one, in good conscience, get baptised if they are uncertain?

We all felt pressured to get baptised. All my friends were baptised by the time we were 18. I wasn't sure. I put it off and put it off. Today, I am so very thankful I did.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

How old was Jesus when he was baptized?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I remember those feelings. Somehow I thought once I got baptized those feelings would fade, they only got worse.

Lisa

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Here's the big picture.....................

Your girlfriend wants you to get baptized...............then you two get married.............then she pushes you to get out in service as much as possible and join the Theocratic School...............then she is hoping you are made a Ministerial Servant...............then her ultimate goal is to have an Elder as a husband.

It very well could be that your girlfriend wants "STATUS" among all the sisters she knows. Unless she can have all these things...............she will never be totally happy just having you. What you are going through right now with her always pushing you is just the beginning.

I wish you well and hope it works out for your benefit, but repare yourself for an unhappy future.

HappyDad

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip
    Now my hand is going to be forced and I will have to be baptized by the end of the year. My gf wants my decision very soon

just the fact that you are on this forum tells me you shouldn't be baptized.

and the wording you used in your comments cements it.

what is the worst that could happen if you waited 6 months, 1 year, etc.?

i'm pretty sure you love your girl friend...that's not the issue here. (although she may say otherwise)

don't jump into a life changing decision without all the facts. do some more research and find out what it means to be a baptized jehovah's witness.

if you get baptized to make someone else happy you have made the wrong decision.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I guess you want her that bad to let her force you to be a jw when youre not totally sure?

wow...love is grand aint it?

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit