THE ULTIMATUM is about to be thrown.............

by Buck 62 Replies latest jw friends

• damselfly
    damselfly

If you are not 100% sure then I think you have your answer. Have you told your girlfriend you are still having doubts? What about the elders in the hall? Have you spoken to them? If you are having doubts now they will only get worse with time, you will start to feel sick everytime you go in service, sit thru the meetings and pray.

Ultimately this is YOUR decision to make. Don't be influenced by what others want you to do. What do you want honestly want deep down inside? Trust your gut feeling.

Dams

• trevor
    trevor

Buck

When I was a Jehovah’s Witnesses I always understood that dedicating my life to Jehovah was a very personal decision which one reached through the action of God’s spirit. Baptizm is way of announcing that such a process has taken place within you.

To go through the outward show of baptizm before this has happened would be meaningless and cause you to feel guilty. If someone pressures another to get baptized for the sake of appearances, I would seriously question their own sincerity and the value of their own baptizm.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

If you cave in under the pressure now you will be doing it for the rest of your life and probably be unhappy! Tell her that your not sure.

If she doesn't understand that I would throw her back into the sea, and find another fish!

M'

• Sassy
    Sassy

do you have family that is a JW? or just the GF?

because if you get baptized and then later realize it was a mistake and want out.. You will lose everyone who is a JW in your life..

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Sounds like she's trying to make you into what she wants. That's the thing about JW's, there lives center around appearances. If you wait too long to get baptized you'll start to look unspiritual. I mean anybody who is truly spiritual couldn't help but get into the Organizationas soon as possible, right? The longer you wait, the worse she starts to look in the congregation. Well there goes Sister Desperate, couldn't find herself a REAL JW man, so she had to go into the world. That's there attitude. Did you know that? If you wait too long to get baptized, she will start to get enormous pressure from her JW leaders to dump you. That may be from her father, mother, or congregational elders. It's not about love, it's about status in the congregation.

My advice, run. Run as far away as you can. Once these people get their hooks in you they won't let go without serious pain!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

You just keep on buckling under the pressure Buck!

Hope the sex is worth it! The JW life sure won't be.

DY

• luna2
    luna2

Geeze, Buck, is this how you want to live the rest of your life?

• Sassy
    Sassy

I'd give anything to have never gotten baptized.. biggest mistake of my life..

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Same feelings here Sassy.

DY

• Stealth
    Stealth

She is trying to change you into what *she* wants, she does not love you or respect you for who you are.

If she gives you an ultimatum, it really shows how much respect she has for you. Do you want to live a life with a JW woman who gives you ultimatums for the rest of your life? Be a man, drop her like a first hour french class for her disrespect for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit