THE ULTIMATUM is about to be thrown.............

by Buck 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Vassago
    Vassago

I believe Jesus was thirty years old when he got baptized

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I gotta say it again man.......RUN! Don't do it. Tell her that you don't want to get baptized, and aren't really that interested in the "truth" after all. Then tell her that you still love her very deeply, and want to continue your relationship. Then see what she does. I bet 10 bucks she dumps you within 2 weeks. That ought to tell you all you need to know. Move on, find a women that doesn't have a clouded mind. Someone who doesn't expect you to fit her pre-concieved mold. I'm telling you right now, you could give this girl everything she ever wanted and it wouldn't matter. Not as long as you weren't in the truth, and reaching out.

• love11
    love11

Did you know that you can do anything you want to do as a publisher and not get severely punished for it (disfellowshipped) ?

My oldest sister is a crack head and she still gets called on by the elders like they are her best friends. Like an idiot, I was baptised and got disfellowshipped for hanging out with a guy that they kept insisting I must have had sex with. ( Get this...I didn't! ) So I was disfellowshipped for nothing at all.

Thank God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. So maybe you do want to be baptised!

• daystar
    daystar

love11

Did you know that you can do anything you want to do as a publisher and not get severely punished for it (disfellowshipped) ?

That is certainly not true in all congregations at all times. I was never baptised, yet I was told to never show my face at a meeting there again.

• Bryan
    Bryan

How in the world can someone make, expect you, to dedicate yourself to an organization they think is a religion? Don't they realize your relationship with God is very personal. That's like trying to force someone to love you. Stupid!

If she really loves you, why can she not accecpt you as you are, for who you are?

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• jgnat
    jgnat

I don't know what more I can say. You've caved every other time. If you don't mind watching your personality subsumed by the demands of your fiancee and the Watchtower Society, go for it. Since you keep coming back to us expressing your dread tells me different. Only you have the power to pull yourself from the abyss. Here's the advice I gave two threads ago. Take it.

Now's the time for some personal reflection.

But I am afraid I will cave in just like Ive done before.

Why? Who convinced you that you're weak? Have you ever stood up for your beliefs before? As a cure, I think you need to do some heavy reading - away from religious stuff. May I suggest:

Education of a Wandering Man by Louis L'Amour

Jaguars Ripped my Flesh by Tim Cahill

• lawrence
    lawrence

Buck-

When are you going to be man enough to do what YOU want? Ever? You're right back to where you were a few months ago EXCEPT now you go to people's houses and spead lies and false hopes. Any tinge of guilt, or is her smile enought to erase your conscience? Buck, I told you then and I'll tell you now - be a man! Also,

The HOOPS don't equal the HUMPS. Get UP and STAND up. Listen! Or be a coward all your life (on a dog collar and short chain).

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

The HOOPS don't equal the HUMPS.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Buck, just make sure you know what you are potentially getting into. I f you have ANY doubts about becoming a fully-fledged jw, don't do it. Even if she seems like the most wonderful g/f in the world, and getting dunked is the price you have to pay to get her, if you are in doubt then the price is way too high. Getting baptised into the jws was the worst mistake of my whole life, and I DID believe in what I was doing at the time. You are a young man, and the best years of your life are ahead of you, don't waste them.

• Buster
    Buster

Spineless wimp.

Enjoy the Koolaid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit