Christmas not Xmas!

by hibiscusfire 405 Replies latest jw friends

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

undercover:Which you were proved wrong on...can you at least admit that?

Wrong about what???

HF

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hib - you were wrong about the "X". You were wrong. Wrong.

GBL

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

monkeyprincess: You are making too much of this.. really.

No I am not seriously...

Hibie

• Confession
    Confession

I understand English very well, thank you.

You don't understand logic very well, do you?

Point: If it is wrong to use "Xmas" instead of Christmas because it is in some way removing Christ from Christmas, then it must be equally as offensive to completely remove his name from the holiday that stands for His resurrection, and instead using the name of a pagan goddess. Yet you have no problem with using the name Easter for that holiday as you have used it several times. It is therefore completely appropriate to make note of this discrepancy.

Your attempt to sidestep such a glaring inconsistency is completely lame.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

There are many ways to refer to the scriptures: "God's Word", "Holy Scriptures", "Holy Writings" (2Tim 3:15 actually uses this term)

But I'll bet you use "Bible". With neither "God" nor "Holy" in the term, don't you think such a designation diminishes the Holy Word? Or is it really just a generally accepted term that means the same as all the others? Bible=God's Word/Xmas=Christmas

Hib, have you read any of the posted explanations for the "X" in Xmas? One author admitted he was about to rant about it, but then he looked it up and found that it was not objectionable at all.

(My pagan wife and I celebrate Christmas because everybody else does. It's a community thing and a kid thing. If they started calling it "Festival to Satan", we'd have to buy some new outdoor hangings, but we'd still be there!)

This is another funny thread that I really want to quit reading. But I can't. Must.. stop.. reading...

Dave

• acsot
    acsot

holy freakin' mother earth! I cannot believe this thread - 8 pages (last count) of absolute drivel and nonsense. I think someone mentioned at some point, it's like some freak show - repulsive yet fascinating.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:This is another funny thread that I really want to quit reading. But I can't. Must.. stop.. reading...

You have become afflicted with "Hib Obsession" syndrome. I've been suffering from it myself for over two months now.

GBL

• John Doe
    John Doe

Hey Biscus! Why don't you go drink some Jesus juice?

I have never seen anyone dodge the point and misunderstand what's being said like your posts portray. Either you're putting us on, or you have no business trying to teach anyone anything, as your posts fail to grasp even the most basic concepts. Your inability to comprehend concepts is not the most irritating aspect of this little charade--no--your blatant insistence that you are the voice of God and are comprehending perfectly every detail about theology is by far more annoying than your mental inadequacies. G'day, mam.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Yep, 8 pages, and we've barely even touched on Turkeyday!

W

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Hibe

You said:

we can see that the true Easter has never had any association with Jesus Christ

then you said:

The true meanings of Christmas and Easter is about Jesus...but they incorporated the pagan festival for people who don't know better.

I'm not trying to trip you up, but this is what happens when you preach about something, but stick to the same view right or wrong and won't accept anyone elses arguments. Do you ever accept that you might not be 100% right about everything?

When you calm down, I would welcome feedback on my recent post please - you are very good at responding to as many posts as you can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit