hibiscusfire

So what is so bad about the poem?

Hibie

• kid-A
    kid-A

Jesus eats TOFU.....

• avishai
    avishai

Do you celebrate easter? Or should I say Astarte? Once again, the reason I ask, is if you do, then why are you so offended about X-mas?

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

avishai:

Well, Easter is about the DEATH and SACRIFICE of Christ, far more important than his birth, Do you or do you not as a christian, celebrate easter, and refer to it as such? It's a simple question....

Yes I do celebrate Easter. And it is indeed very important!!!

All over the world during the Easter season, multitudes will gather in churches to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ and hear about life after death. Many will suppress a yawn and attend their "yearly church service" to please their spouse. Others will attend out of curiosity; still others, because it makes them "feel good" to think about the cycle of life and new things growing out of death.

A remnant of believers will celebrate Resurrection Day, knowing the real meaning of this season, but many more will simply be going through the tradition of a religious service. Religion cannot save anyone. Only a personal relationship with Jesus Christ the Son of God can give us life after death.

Hibie

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

u/d:

Christians can become angry

How convenient...

u/d(of the turn the other cheek and let yourself be wronged class) God never said to be stupid. HF

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

doubtfully yours:

These days I'm just going along with the tradition.

And whose tradition is that??

Hib

• Confession
    Confession

Your flowery description of what happens during the Easter holiday does not in any way answer the question both Avishai and I have asked. If you do not answer it directly you are not honest-hearted, and are nothing but a mealy-mouthed know-it-all.

• avishai
    avishai

Then if you celebrate a holiday OBVIOUSLY named after a pagan goddess, with attendant symbols, why so freaked out about x-mas?

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Straining out the gnat?

Hibe, This thread reminds me of our old catholic teacher wagging her finger about exactly the same point when I was 5 years old.

I may have missed it but did you respond to Confessions scriptural point about 'straining out the gnat but swallowing the whole camel'?

Or what about the scripture that talks about 'the letter kills but the spirit gives life'?

Forgive me, I don't wish to offend or disrespect your perspective, which to me is a relatively modern and newly fashionable religious doctrine, but when I read some of your comments I do wonder what you understand to be the point of the Christian scriptures. All I see is jehovah's Witness style semantics but with a different flavour. Is such an issue really one worth raising on a forum largely not Christian in the first place, and those of us who are take a different view of such issues, more in keeping I would argue, with the the example of Christ.

I would be happy to discuss the issue, but the attitude that seems to say 'I am right and everyone else is wrong' or 'there is only one true Christian way on this issue' puts me off even entering into a detailed discussion.

To finish on a harmonious note, I happen to agree with you, although I don't think it is as important as you make out, nor do I agree with the way you appear to preach about it.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Avishai: Then if you celebrate a holiday OBVIOUSLY named after a pagan goddess, with attendant symbols, why so freaked out about x-mas? Jesus "Christ" is known as the founder of "Christianity". Christmas is a Christian holiday that commemorates the birth of Jesus. At Easter, Christians celebrate their belief that Jesus came back to life after his death (called "resurrection"). Coming to the word "Easter" in God's Authorized Bible, they seize upon it imagining that they have found proof that the Bible is not perfect. Fortunately for lovers of the word of God, they are wrong. Easter, as we know it, comes from the ancient pagan festival of Astarte. Also known as Ishtar (pronounced "Easter"). This festival has always been held late in the month of April. It was, in its original form, a celebration of the earth "regenerating" itself after the winter season. The festival involved a celebration of reproduction. For this reason the common symbols of Easter festivities were the rabbit (the same symbol as "Playboy" magazine), and the egg. Both are known for their reproductive abilities. At the center of attention was Astarte, the female deity. She is known in the Bible as the "queen of heaven" (Jeremiah 7:18; 44:17-25). She is the mother of Tammuz (Ezekiel 8:14) who was also her husband! These perverted rituals would take place at sunrise on Easter morning (Ezekiel 8:13-16). From the references in Jeremiah and Ezekiel, we can see that the true Easter has never had any association with Jesus Christ Hibiscusfire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit