Trouble for Richie?

by RichieRich 100 Replies latest jw friends

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I live vicariously through you Ritchie, can we have fried chicken tonight please?

So, you are seeing them in 2 days time, right? Good luck sir, even though you dont care, its still stressful waiting to see what theyre going to say. And how your mum will react. And how it will impact on you short term.

But long term you will have the last laugh.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    So, you are seeing them in 2 days time, right? Good luck sir, even though you dont care, its still stressful waiting to see what theyre going to say. And how your mum will react. And how it will impact on you short term.

But long term you will have the last laugh.

Said perfectly my dear.

• damselfly
    damselfly

My elder meetings as a teen never included either of my parents. Perhaps it's not about you alone and is a 'check in' for your family?

But what do I know anyway?

Dams

• rebel8
    rebel8

I personally have never heard of a "post reproof checkup". The only time I've heard of elders wanting to talk privately is when they've got an issue to address.

You got baptized recently. You'd think that would be enough to satisfy them that you're repentant for swearing on the internet.

If you got DFd, would this hurt your chances of your parents helping you through college? Hope your dad would override whatever punishment your mom would want to throw at you.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    "see how things are going".

Richie,

This expression is taught the elders to be used as a pseudonym for "checking up on you". Believe me, it's in the Kingdom Ministry School course for the elders.

And after all, you know damned well the elders don't mean it 'cos they actually care!

Time to stand!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Ticker
    Ticker

This is where you make or break my friend. Many of us faced this same circumstance and my advice is the same as the rest here don't back down one bit but make your stand.

Ticker

• upside/down
    upside/down

Richie... I think it's time you packed your bags and come to Colorado and go elk hunting with me and my boys.

I've got 5 tags...bull and cow.

And, yes you're right (sort of)...adult life can suck...especially when you're in a cult.

Once you're "out"...the fun begins....trust me.

u/d(of the can't wait to bag me an elk class)

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Stick it to em Ritchie. I'd wish you luck, but hell you dont need luck. You'll breeze thru.....

• melmac
    melmac

Yes, I do live some things vicariously through you... it´s like watching a movie or reading a book. Keep us informed!

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

If they're gonna DF you, then they'll DF you....no matter what you say or do. The only way to avoid it is to kiss their ass and tell them how sorry you are for whatever they throw at you. And how you were misled and really just wanna be a good little Dubya, and oh pretty please Brother Justice cantcha gimme just one more chance?

Personaly, I'd rather eat whey protien mixed with milk!

They only have as much power over your life as you allow them to have. You don't have to sit down with them. If you do you don't have to do it on their terms. It may lead to DFing, but since they're wrong before God....does it really matter?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit