Deny this! Brooklyn! I dare you

by stevenyc 104 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    accept that something extraordinarily hideous happened and the begin to deal with the tremendous emotional damage.

I dont know how you reach a point of acceptance Big Tex. I have nothing but deep admiration for anyone who has endured this and survived mentally. You are an amazing tribute to the human spirit. I feel humbled in the presence of survivors like you.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I dont know how you reach a point of acceptance

Well you either reach it, die or live a half-life that is a mixed mash of depression, anger and being totally shut down emotionally. I've met people like that, and it's such a waste.

It's very important to a victim of abuse to be believed in the beginning. How accurate the memories or related experiences are become clearer later in therapy and a psychologist/psychiatrist trained to treat adult survivors will know how to guide the person appropriately. It's a fine line to walk between validating and implanting. A good therapist would focus more on the emotional rather than the memory. Believe me, victims wrestle 24/7 with how real or accurate their memory is. You feel a tremendous burden of responsibility in saying it out loud so you want it to be 100% correct down to the tiniest detail. But real life, and memory, doesn't always work that way. And so it's of more value to the adult survivor to focus on the anger, the sadness and the shame rather than the data.

Have you ever heard of the Serenity Prayer? The first stanza is most important in helping an abuse victim recover:

GOD, grant me the serenity

to accept the things
    I cannot change, Courage to change the
    things I can, and the
    wisdom to know the difference

I don't mean to speak about my experiences in a 'look at me' way, and I hope it doesn't come across that way. There are many people whose experiences are far worse than mine. For me, posting is cathartic and it helps to tell part of the story over and over, kind of like purging poison. Thank you for your kind words, but I don't really deserve them.

Chris

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Of course your posts dont come across in a 'look at me' kind of way! Not in a million years!

It is so important for us to be able to read your experiences, and all the others like you. As important as it is for you to be able to talk about them, and to be believed.

It puts life into context, it demonstrates that life goes on, and that we can cope with more than we might imagine, it shows that you truly are winners in life, and that the abusers are sorry losers, pathetic feeble cowards with nothing to give but empty bitterness.

Plus, Bix Tex, you have had children, exemplary children that are happy and content. Have you ANY idea what a miracle that is that you have created? Living proof that badness does not have to continue. That one generation can end the perpetration of wickedness, turn the situation around 180 degrees, and start a new generation that is not tainted. Its like you have single handedly absorbed all the evil and stopped it from being passed on. Like a human barrier protecting your children at all costs.

People like you deserve a medal for services to the human race. People like me emulate you, and take courage from your experiences.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Living proof that badness does not have to continue.

But unfortunately baldness DOES have to continue.

Now if you could prevent that from being passed on I really would be impressed!

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Total bollocks.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

No Paul, baldness is inherited from the maternal grandfather. Its true!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    No Paul, baldness is inherited from the maternal grandfather. Its true!

The only decent thing my grandpa ever did for me!

I'm 43 now, so I'm beginning to be grateful for it.

But you are right katie, baldness is similar to hemophilia. It's passed through the mother's genes. Look at your maternal grandfather and you'll get an idea of how much hair you'll have.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Yea Big Tex, youve got a bloody hell of a thatch on your avatar havent you?!

You may have been sexually abused as a child but at least youve got all your own hair. Thankful for small mercies and all that!

• Mary
    Mary
    Or perhaps the one accused will confess, and a reconciliation may be achieved. What a blessing that would be!

Uh, ya........right. Some low life sack of shit confesses that he's a child molester, raped you when you were a kid and they think it would be a 'blessing' if you just forgave them like that and went on your merry way?? Oh but how foolish of me.........the real reason it would be a uh....."blessing", is because then the elders could just sweep the whole thing under their spritual garbage dump and the police would be none the wiser, and no reproach would be brought upon the congregation which of course takes precidence over someone suffering from being molested by someone they once trusted.

I'm amazed these idiots still have this article up on the web........

• kls
    kls

Thankyou Avishai, you were the only one to defend me against the Troll ,lowly life ( one ) and to this i thank you and i bid you all good bye.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit