Deny this! Brooklyn! I dare you

by stevenyc 104 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

I showed this to my Mom today. I went to the society's website, and first she denied it was their site. Then she asked when the date was of the article. Because Elder So~n~So said from the platform that it is to be reported. They got a new light and saw they were wrong. Why wont I give them a chance. They correct their errors.

Arggggg! Guess I was hoping even this would help open her eyes. Just glad my gang and I are out.

• avishai
    avishai
    Why wont I give them a chance. They correct their errors.

Here's a good reason why.

My thread on what happens to kids when they are abused

WARNING graphic, and possible emotional triggers involved http://http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/53136/1.ashx

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    The Bible says that there must be two or three witnesses before judicial action can be taken. (2 Corinthians 13:1; 1 Timothy 5:19)

What a bunch of retards. Someone should tell them that this was written before blood, hair and semen could be tested for DNA. No wonder this death-cult is a safe haven for pedophiles,when these idiots live in the dark ages still. Or maybe the one writing this stuff was covering his own ass, who knows.

If the JWs ever have a Ricky Rodrigues-incident (the "Children of God"-cult) they`ll only have themselves to blame.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Some who are afflicted with painful "memories" have expressed appreciation for elders who make regular visits or even telephone calls to check to see how they are doing. Such contacts need not take a lot of time, but they show that Jehovah's organization cares. When the afflicted one realizes that his Christian brothers truly love him, he may be helped to recover a considerable degree of emotional balance.

This paragragh is appalling to me! The Society is basically encouraging 'short visits or phone calls' aren't they? As if long and extended aid is not required in these cases.

Notice too this comment "Such contacts need not take a lot of time, but they show that Jehovah's organization cares" - attributing any personal love and concern shown by people to the inanimate organization!

And then "he may be helped to recover a considerable degree of emotional balance" - in effect shifting the situation to the victims court, as if to say that his emotional un-balance is a result of remembering rather than the abuse.!

Appalled I tell u - but two years ago I would have read this and never seen the lack of concern that is truly evident here.

Jeff

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Where the f**k does it say in the bible that you need two witnesses AND supporting evidence otherwise?

• Cognitive_Dissident
    Cognitive_Dissident

Ok, so correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but a person can actually be disfellowshipped if two witnesses see that one coming out of the home of a person of the opposite sex, if it is known that they were alone together, especially after dark, even though the two witnesses didn't actually see anything happen. But when it comes to despicable criminal behavior perpetrated on a child, the witnesses are required to actually witness the event? I really hate those policy writing mothe!$%&*ers in Brooklyn.

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Oh yeh!!!!!!!!! I remember reading the articles. And the same sick feelings come back.

When my child was abused the pedophile actually confessed his sin and still nothing much was done. No one was allowed to know their kids were at risk with a pedo in their midst but the congregation had to be protected from ME and my tongue. I was dféd for speaking the truth about kids in the congregation needing protection, while he walked around playing with kids, his name protected!!!!!!!

Oh how I don't miss the bad ol'days of being a slave in the wts.

Bliss

• Ticker
    Ticker

This is bullshit. I hate this hypocritical crap coming from the top of the pyramid, makes me sick. Yet if the charge was fornication or something the elders would be sniffing all over someones arse to find something to df them. Pedophilia they cover up because "it would ruin Jehovah's name". BULLSHITE it would, it would ruin the WTBTS's image plain and simple, they are only protecting their own arses. What a bunch of lowlifes, I hope that freedom of religion law gets changed because you would think in 21st century a victim would be more important then a damn money making religion.

Ticker

• kid-A
    kid-A

Its disgusting and incredible that they can LEGALLY get away with this. They only apply this to child molestation cases to sweep it under the rug and avoid scandal.

They sure as hell DONT require more than a single accuser for any other sort of "sin" such as apostasy, fornication, etc. I know many cases where a dub was DFd for

"sex crimes" based on the testimony of only one, tight-arsed, self-righteous prick. This is the reason I get nasty with trolling JW apologists on this site....even if they are just defending

doctrine....I cant dissociate them (or forgive them) for supporting this bullocks.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Where's Toucal's avatar when the right emoticon in needed. That makes me want to throw up. Children and women, the second and third class citizens of the WTBTS or is that the WT BS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit