Deny this! Brooklyn! I dare you

by stevenyc 104 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• daystar
  • stevenyc
    stevenyc

This mentality come straight out of a camel hurders tent. How likley is it that two seperate people approach the elders with, as they say, "memories" of child abuse by the same person? Just a coincidence? Yep, if there is no other supporting evidence, then the alledged abuser is to be treated as innocent.

This article is not talking about children that inform the elders. Its talking about adults that remember a person in the congregation abusing them as children. If two or more adults, seperatly notify the elders that 'brother upstanding' molested them as kids, the elders will perform a 'hands off' approach UNLESS the congregation becomes aware. If the congregation becomes aware, then: if no further evidence is obtained, and the molester denies his actions, they will say he is innocent, and the matter to be left in Jehovah's hands.

This is an interesting qualification of the 'two witness' rule. To have two seperate witnesses of abuse is not good enough for reproval. It must be two witnesses PER action of molestation.

With the rules specified in this watchtower, can anyone explaine to me how any Jehovah's Witness can defend the Watchtower's policy on reporting child molesters.

Here is the rule stated:

If no other supporting invidence of child molestation arises, even given that multiple incidents of child molestation have been reported seperatly to the body of elders, then no further action is to be taken. The accused is to remain in good light in the congregation.

steve

• Gill
    Gill

But the direction to 'do nothing' in these circumstances come from Brooklyn. They are responsible for advising the inaction. They are the ones who can be sued!

• kls
    kls

Well i can tell you what one jw has to say about it ,,,,"That is what the Bible tells us to do ,we go by the Bible and the only true religion to do so , if someone wants to report molesting to the police ,they are free to do so."

This is the shit i get from my jw husband and it makes my skin crawl.You have no idea how this turns my stomach and he knows there are some pedophiles ,but feels they are treated justly by some getting disfellowshipped.

Need puke bucket?

• gespro
    gespro
    Is someone printing this off and recording it for evidence?

Anyone?

Yep! Made a PDF file and it's a replica of the that WT page.

• Gill
    Gill

Excellent. Now we find the clever lawyer. This information must be of use, in that it shows the general attitude of the WTBTS to those who claim abuse. It shows that THEY ARE directing doing nothing without 2 or three witnesses.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Holy Cow...I keep thinking I'm reading this wrong. But I'm not.

Lisa

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    If no other supporting invidence of child molestation arises, even given that multiple incidents of child molestation have been reported seperatly to the body of elders, then no further action is to be taken. The accused is to remain in good light in the congregation.

Y'all didn't know this? This is nothing new.

I was told this in 1988. And I'll even go ya one further. I found two witnesses who were willing to testify to the elders (an aunt and my father's mother). However I was told by the CO that they "didn't count" because they were worldly. He said, "And after all, we all know how worldly people lie!"

I was told the rule above is correct with codicil that the elders will not take action unless there are two eyewitnesses and those two eyewitnesses must be baptized Jehovah's Witnesses preferably in good standing.

Of course I was also told to "shut up" about my father or the CO would "see to it personally" I was DF'd.

This is nothing new, just standard old BS generated by the FDS.

Chris

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    This is an interesting qualification of the 'two witness' rule. To have two seperate witnesses of abuse is not good enough for reproval. It must be two witnesses PER action of molestation.

Of course! This 2 eyewitnesses are applied very literally.

Realize also that this means that the 2 eyewitnesses must stand and watch the child being raped, and cannot interfere or else there would be no child abuse (by the WTS standards).

Nice group of people.

• Gill
    Gill

Can someone tell me then why this sort of attitude that is shown in WTBTS literature is not being used in cases in court that you have in the US where the WTBTS is denying responsibility for cover ups?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit