Climate: Natural disasters

by hibiscusfire 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

DaChee:

BTW, noah's flood account is a
    fable, shared by thousands of cultures....... all with diffrent characters, and details.
    Please explain to me why all these different fables, and only the bibles account is the correct one?

Hi sorry. I didn't see that one. Well people like to make up their own fables, and in truth make a historical fact seem like a fairytale. The ancient Bible holds the key to the history of our spiritual being, our virtues, our lives....Jesus. I saw a cartoon about Noah some time ago. The pictures and characters were fine but if you don't know about that true event you would definitely think it is a fairytale. The whole thing was off course. And just like some people do not believe that the Flood of Noah did actually take place... a fable appears to distort God's work. People think they are doing something funny, but they are being disrespectful to our Almighty Creator. Just like in Noah's days making a mockery out of it. Children grow up with these lies. Things that are true and actually happened is like a joke or a myth to them. Things that are not true, in today's world,....well children believe because that is what their parents believe. As far as I can see, people nowadays are just grasping at the wind. There is nothing to hold on to. History is a fairytale. The Flood of Noah is not a fable. hibiscusfire

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

About Noah, you should take the time to look at this page- http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/noah-story.htm

And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal

If this means ice, why doesn't it just say ice? It doesn't even say it's like glass. It says it is glass.

Why did it take 1,500 years for the mention of a third heaven to make it into the Bible?

I can see where you're copying your information from- http://www.kjvbible.org/firmament.html

Why can't you think for yourself? Why are you relying on the apologetics to do it for you? It seems incredible to me God's perfect word needs to be defended by apologetics, but there we are.

We're separated from God, yet God is everywhere? This all gives me a headache! If this God is real, he's made it extremely hard to understand all this and be saved! It's almost like he wants most of us dead/ roasting forever.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

so why is the bible one "real" and the other ones a "fable"?

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

sero:

About Noah, you should take the time to look at this page- http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/noah-story.htm

Yes I looked at the page. However, what people fail to realise is that God did not murder anyone. Far from the truth. Those people were very bad. They were thieves, liars and murderers. They were given a chance to change. They didn't. They got worse. They were given a chance to go on the ark. They didn't go. That is simple to understand. Jesus was murdered for nothing. These people were evil. God has the power to destroy evil.

What about you thinking for yourself as well? hmmmmm?

And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal

If this means ice, why doesn't it just say ice? It doesn't even say it's like glass. It says it is glass.

Why did it take 1,500 years for the mention of a third heaven to make it into the Bible?

I can see where you're copying your information from- http://www.kjvbible.org/firmament.html

Yes I did get some of my material from that site. It doesn't mean I don't think for myself. When Genesis speak of the creation, it does not go into full details of everything. If the entire bible were full of details how big it would be!! I am not shying away from your question or making any excuses.

I had posted another verse about it being frozen. The only way anyone can accept this is if they believe and trust in God and obviously many people don't. All the information we need is in the bible. Long ago people trusted in God more. Because we find it so very long ago and we have not seen doesn't mean it didn't happen like how the Bible has it. The book is old. Why would it lie?

Even so, our atmostphere, the climate has changed drastically. That is why the weather pattern has changed so much and will continue to change. The bible talked about that too.

I believe that JWs have been taught so wrong that even the truth seems wrong too.

hibiscusfire

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    Dachee: so why is the bible one "real" and the other ones a "fable"?

I need to know which are the other ones that you are talking about because I won't be able to answer you. If the events are the same then it is not a fable but if the events are different then... Most fairy tales start off with: Once upon a time there was... Compared to: Long ago there was... Children learn reality from fantasy at an early age and it is very important to use the best choice of words to assist them in this type of education. hibiscusfire

• DaCheech
  • serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

However, what people fail to realise is that God did not murder anyone.

Huh? Whatever the reasons, the story says he drowned them. On purpose. To kill them. In other words, he MURDERED them!

Those people were very bad. They were thieves, liars and murderers.

All of them? Even the babies? And all the animals?

They were given a chance to go on the ark. They didn't go.

Exactly where was the room for them on the ark if they had wanted to go? Apologetics have enough trouble trying to explain how all the animals had enough room!

Jesus was murdered for nothing.

Oh. I thought it was so that we could have the chance of everlasting life. I must have been mistaken.

What about you thinking for yourself as well? hmmmmm?

I'm not the one quoting sites because I can't think of my own answers.

If the glass is supposed to be ice, then God shouldn't have lied and called it glass.

The book is old. Why would it lie?

How does the passage of time make something true? Will Lord of the Rings be true in 2,000 years?

You have just assumed the Bible is the word of the creator of the Universe because of the society you were raised in. If you lived in a place or time where another god had more followers, you would be believing in that one instead. Once you can get your head around that point, you may be able to break free from the superstition and myth. I have a feeling it's too late for you though, so maybe the best I can hope for is that you don't indoctrinate your own children (if or when you have any, if you don't now) or persuade anyone else to believe as you do.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Dachee, how long did it take you to read the information on those 3 sites you posted. Whhhhhooooaaaa!

All I have is one question.

Which fable do you believe is true?

Hibiscusfire

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Whatever the reasons, the story says he drowned them. On purpose. To kill them. In other words, he MURDERED them!

You are still not getting the point. They drowned because they did not listen. God gave a warning through Noah....but they did not go into the ark. That is not murder. They people committed suicide.

All of them? Even the babies? And all the animals?

If the people did not mock and had believed they would have taken their babies into the ark too. And as for the animals, when in time of natural disasters...what happens to the animals? Even though we love our animals dearly and wish to see them again in heaven (I don't know about it) we must note that animals do not have souls.

Exactly where was the room for them on the ark if they had wanted to go? Apologetics have enough trouble trying to explain how all the animals had enough room!

I would not make any excuses except tell you God knows the hearts of men and He told Noah to make the ark very BIG. There was enough room...don't you think God would have known who would end up in the ark? He knows how much hairs we have on our head. Few people would have believed just as we have today.

Jesus was murdered for nothing.
    Oh. I thought it was so that we could have the chance of everlasting life. I must have been mistaken.

No you misunderstood what I meant there. What I was trying to tell you is that to the world Jesus was sinless and committed no crime. He did not do anything to be crucified. Yet God had his plan and allowed it to happen. The devil thought he had won but he is defeated!!! Jesus died for our sins. Can you see the difference?

I'm not the one quoting sites because I can't think of my own answers.

If I quote from the bible does that mean I can't think of my own answers too? I am giving you some evidence which ofcourse you would not accept. Some people do not understand the bible because they do not want to. God has His jargon too. It takes the Holy Spirit to reveal the meaning. Do you accept it?

How does the passage of time make something true? Will Lord of the Rings be true in 2,000 years?

The Lord of the Rings is fiction. Everyone knows that. The Bible is real and historical. The bible is not fiction. This is a very weak point.

You have just assumed the Bible is the word of the creator of the Universe because of the society you were raised in. If you lived in a place or time where another god had more followers, you would be believing in that one instead. Once you can get your head around that point, you may be able to break free from the superstition and myth. I have a feeling it's too late for you though, so maybe the best I can hope for is that you don't indoctrinate your own children (if or when you have any, if you don't now) or persuade anyone else to believe as you do.

You are the one who assumed that. God has His ways of proving Himself to people. People just choose to ignore His magnificence. Whether you choose to believe me or not....you will discover the truth one day....most definitely. I hope it wouldn't be too late for you. You are determining your future...do you know what happens when you die?

hibiscusfire

• eclipse
    eclipse
    He told Noah to make the ark very BIG.

No, god was very specific with the dimensions.

Therefore, God knew in advance that only a few people would be on it.

Why not the rest of Noah's faily at least?

His mother, father, his wife's father and mother? Aunts, uncles? just his kids and kids-in-law...

You can't answer that, so don't bother trying.

God did not make it big enough to hold everyone, because if he thought many would be saved,

he would of destroyed the bad people using plague or pestilence instead.

No, he used a large flood to wipe out the majority of the population.

He knew that he was going to wipe them all out and that Noah's limited preaching would be ineffectual.

Therefore he knowingly wiped them out, and did NOT open their hearts and tell them to GO into the ark, which he could of, if he wanted to.

He let them die because they did not believe their fellow man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit