Climate: Natural disasters

by hibiscusfire 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

I live in the tropics so we experience hot and rainy weather. Where I live the sun is very hot at this time that your skin feel as though it's on fire. I have never experienced snow. I have never seen snow or even felt it but usually around Christmas it's very cold.

We got hail once or twice. I never saw it. We had a couple of whirlwinds that blew off roofs. We get high winds sometimes even when there is no storm or anything like that. We usually have floods when rain fall a lot. Where I live however, does not flood but the river can overflow. We get little earthquakes at least once a year. We've had some mud volcano eruptions...that was scary.

A few people got struck by lightning and some survived - a couple died.

In the summer time, we get a lot of fruits. In fact all year round there is something tropical to eat.

I would not like to experience a tornado or a blizzard or a hurricane.

Did anyone have terrible experiences in any natural disaster?

eg Tornados, volcanoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, storms,

We don't have any control of these things.

Hibiscusfire

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Picture from www.planetark.org. © 2005 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.

Satellite Images of Hole in Ozone Layer Above Antarctica

The hole in the ozone layer above Antarctica is seen in a series of satellite images over a 21-year time span.
    The hole may actually close within 50 years as the level of destructive ozone-depleting CFCs in the atmosphere is now declining, one of the world's leading atmospheric scientist Paul Fraser from the Australian government's Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) said on September 17, 2002.

Fraser said he had measured a decline in ozone-destroying gases since 2000.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

I have some questions for you.

When would you say that the Ice Age took place?

What type of animals existed then?

The climate from then and now....BIG changes why?

Before the flood of Noah do you think rain fell?

Did you know that our contribution to earth caused so much pollution that we got a hole in the ozone layer?

Did you know that the Bible speaks of the end of times when there would be more natural disasters worse than there ever was before?

Do you know that there are many more things to come?

What do we have right now?

hibiscusfire

• Satanus
    Satanus

When would you say that the Ice Age took place?

The last ice age was coming to a close about 10,000 yrs ago.

What type of animals existed then?

A few more that there are now: mamoths, sabre toothed tigers, giant sloths, for example. Even then, humans were in the process of exterminating some animal species. Tropical and subtropl animals, plants etc were further south, obviously. Everything slowly moved north and south from the equator as things gradually warmed.

The climate from then and now....BIG changes why?

Natural solar and earth cycles. Also ocean currents.

Before the flood of Noah do you think rain fell?

Of course. Not that i believe in a planetary flood.

Did you know that our contribution to earth caused so much pollution that we got a hole in the ozone layer?

We probably contributed to it. However, if what the scientists said at the time was correct, then we can't have reversed the process, yet. They said that it was a catalytic action, without the original cause chemical being changed or reduced. In other words, even if we stopped w the cfc's, the hole would continue to grow. Makes me think that the hole may be because of another natural cycle.

Did you know that the Bible speaks of the end of times when there would be more natural disasters worse than there ever was before?

Yah well, you should be looking to the end of the jewish system, since it was a jewish book written for jews. Check out preterism.

Do you know that there are many more things to come?

Natural cycles will come and go for millenia to come. We will only be here a few more yrs.

What do we have right now?

Probably the best of times, the slow evolution of human consciousness.

S

Ps, next winter, i could send you some snow

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

You know something? I don't really believe there was an Ice Age. How is it possible?

I don't believe it was the whole earth.

If the ice age existed I believe it would have been the time God made the earth (including the aminals) or

after the flood.

Hibiscusfire

• Satanus
    Satanus

As far as i know, it has never been claimed that the ice covered the whole earth. As well, i didn't say that in my post. I said

Tropical and subtropl animals, plants etc were further south, obviously. Everything slowly moved north and south from the equator as things gradually warmed.

There is lots of evidence for that last ice age. There is evidence that ice covered most of europe, all of canada and part of the usa. Geologists have determined, to a large extent, which parts of the land were covered by ice, and which parts were covered by water. You, obviously, would rather not look at it. Your choice. I knew a jw who simply denied that there were ever dinos. Heehee.

S

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

I was thinking about the whole earth covered in ice.

We know that the ice in the poles are melting too. So therefore the Ice Age existed since the creation of the earth. Thence there were those types of animals living there. We still have penguins, polarbears....what else do we have?

Big foot?

hibiscusfire

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

I do believe that there were dinosaurs. God created them too. We still have some pretty prehistoric looking creatures alive today. They are just smaller. I consider the rhino, hippo, giraff, zebra, wart hog etc prehistoric looking ....and bats etc.

hibie

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

I tried to post a picture of the hole in the ozone layer but it didn't work. Can anyone post it for me?

Are there pictures of it like then and now?

Thanks

hibie

• greendawn
    greendawn

You left guessing as to which country you live in.

I once experienced a hurricane in London in 1987, it started as I was driving in the night and it was quite frightening there were objects such as trash bins violently blown around, fortunately I didn't get hit. When daylight broke there were many uprooted trees.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit