Climate: Natural disasters

by hibiscusfire 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    The same is true of the rest of your fanciful explanations.

Those are not fanciful explanations. It is true.

Creationists easily explain the formation of geological features such as the Grand Canyon as a direct result of the world-wide flood in Noah's day.

Could an ice comet-induced flood also be the best explanation for many of the oddities we find around the world, such as a mammoth frozen in a sitting position with fresh buttercups in his mouth and stomach?

hibiscus

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Creationists easily explain the formation of geological features such as the Grand Canyon as a direct result of the world-wide flood in Noah's day.

Once you've enjoyed your coffee, please help me with a plausible explantion of that.

You know, with scientific evidence and all that stuff.

I'm pretty open-minded.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    kudra: People in the 21st century actually believe these things...?

It is real history. People of the 21st century believe you evolved from a monkey or the story changed to emerging from the sea and your tail dropped off and you grew legs. Now really.

hibicusfire

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    People of the 21st century believe you evolved from a monkey or the story changed to emerging from the sea and your tail dropped off and you grew legs. Now really.

Ahhh.

Now I get it.

You've never even read a book about evolution, have you?

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    You've never even read a book about evolution, have you?

Does it make sense to keep reading about evolution when the theories keep changing?

hibiscusfire

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

No, it's much better to do a round-the world trip guided by a map last revised around 100 AD. 'Cause maps shouldn't change with added knowledge.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Well hello Hibiscusfire. How is DEFD these days?

I was wondering what some other poster asked, and you have not yet addressed [that I have seen]. What is your perspective? Are you former Jw? I know you are Christian, but just curious about your background. Kinda like trying to understand the perspective of any writer I suppose.

Jeff

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

nvr:

Once you've enjoyed your coffee, please help me with a plausible explantion of that.

You know, with scientific evidence and all that stuff.

Ok the Grand Canyon is one of the world's most extaodinary attractions as you already know. It tells of the sequence of earth's history.

This canyon is however like a big problem for the evolutionist who has for generations, been happy to announce to every visitor at the rim of the canyon, "The river has cut it!"

The deposition and erosion of the Grand Canyon is explained from the facts about five great geological events that are described in the Bible.

1. After God had created the heavens and the earth, He completely covered the earth with waters. Study ....Genesis 1:2-8 Job 38:8-9 Psalm 104:1-6.

2. The abrupt retreat of the ocean when the landmass was abruptly lifted out of the sea and was prepared, at least in the garden, so that vegetation might be created upon it in that third solar day. Then the drainage of the great continental plate by means of rivers, along which the birds and animals came to live. Read these verses....Genesis 1:9-10, Job 38:8-9, Gen.1:2, Gen.1:9), Genesis 10:25, Genesis 1:11-12, Job 38:8-11, Psa. 104:5-9, Psa. 104:10-15, Genesis 10:25.

3. The Flood of Noah's days. The flood began when the God re-opened the fountains of the great deep, the sources of the first universal flood that now lay at the bottom of the ocean.There are deposits filled with fossils of slow moving, bottom life, marine creatures. Genesis 1:2,Genesis 7:11

4. Read from the book of Job. You will find clear evidences of great disturbances in the crust of the earth and of giant tsunami waves in the sea caused by those disturbances that were still present in bottom of the Mediterranean Sea at the time of Job. This was in the time of a guy named Peleg. Genesis 10:25, Genesis 10:7, Luke 3:36.

5. The direct result of number 4. The misnamed "ice age" is the direct result of the enormous heat release that was produced by the fairly rapid movement of the great continental plates that broke apart in Peleg's day. The Indian sub-plate, moving rapidly to the northeast from the east coast of Africa, jammed powerfully under the Asian plate. This produced the enormous buckling of the Himalayas and the resulting, enormous volcanoes that rise far above twenty thousand feet in many places along that chain of mountains.

hibiscusfire

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

To say that the theory of evolution says we evolved from monkeys or apes isn't correct. It would be more correct to say we share a common ancestor with monkeys and apes.

Also, theories change because as we collect more data sometimes theories need to change, or be scrapped entirely to account for the new data. Religious dogma on the other hand tries to make the data fit the dogma.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

The creation story in Genesis can be picked apart in many ways, but I wonder if you could just answer this one question for me, Hibie...

God has the water on the Earth, and he has water above the Earth, and inbetween a firmament called 'sky' or 'heaven' (according to the KJV). Water, sky, water... (Genesis 1:6-8).

Then on the fourth day, God makes two great lights (which I presume means the sun and moon) and the stars and he sets them in the firmament of the sky. (Genesis 1:16,17)

If this is so, does this mean that the canopy of water above the Earth was actually outside the known universe?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit