you know how I feel

about that arms length thing.....
    that doesn't seem right eh?
    When a witness would trash blood relations to protect this "corporation"
    Arms Length?
    NO WAY

• Legolas
    Legolas
    I was thinking of contacting the news station that did my interview, and perhaps they could do something to help me out here ... some sort of publicity, anyway.

Awesome idea. I can see it now...

TV Anchor: You may have remembered a interview regarding sexual abuse within the Jehovah's Witness religion. We have just received word that Mr Kwin has been excommunicated

I agree with this, Make it as public as you can! Let me know so I can watch the news that night, do you guys have a section in your paper where people can write in and talk about stuff? We do it's called "Letter's To The Editor" So after I watch it I can make commetnts on this '^#*^$*^%$ Church'. Let me Know.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

DITTO WHAT OZZIE AND BIG TEX SAID!!!! Don't waste anymore of your precious time or energy on them, they will get what is coming to them. Remember, it is a basic law of the universe, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. And, it doesn't have to be that seeks retribution. It will come. I'm happy for you and Mrs. Kwin on your freedom!!! Terri

• rebel8
    rebel8

Let me know if you want to use space on my web page to describe your story. I will give you a whole page if you want. If there was a newspaper article about it that you'd like me to post, let me know how to go about getting permission to post their story. Just let me know and I'll be glad to help. PM me though, in case I don't get back to this thread.

What a story!! It is so cool you confronted them on their actions. You are in the "apostate" hall of fame for sure now!

• shera
    shera

Kwin,so sorry ! ******** hugs********* for Mr and Mrs.Kwin!

grrrrrrr,this stuff ticks me off!

• anewme
    anewme

My ex husband was an elder on the Judicial Committee and my three other brother in laws were Presiding Overseers. They were not men to mess with. They could be gentle and kind, but get on their wrong side and they looked forward to Dfing certain people. And they planned to keep the doors closed to that person if he ever wanted to come back. They have alot of veto power in the organization. They can draw out the return procedure to entirely discourage the repentant so called trouble maker. Did I ever tell you of the time right after my Dfing I ran into my Presiding O brotherinlaw in a parking lot. As he walked by he glared full blown hatred at me! He seethed and turned all red as he passed me in silence! (I had only known him for 30 years and done so much for the family.) I would have to be OKd by this man if I ever returned. I knew right then and there he was going to make my life as hard as possible if he could. I'm sure they all had a alot of good laughs on my account and still do, but now less and less as they consider me dead and will largely forget I ever lived among them. A newspaper story about the DFing procedure for anyone who desires to leave the group would be interesting. Some would be surprised to learn how harsh the treatment is for anyone wanting to leave. But even though you sought to DA yourself for so long and associate with other churches, it still is a shock to be DFd isn't it? After going through it myself I think the best way to get out of the org is to move way away from the Hall where no one knows you and never go to the hall again. And tell your relatives not to forward your address to a contacting witness. Best wishes.

• minimus
    minimus

Mrs. Kwin disassociated herself. You didn't.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I just contacted both local newspapers as well as Global news (the one that did my previous interview). All seem interested, especially Global, but have to get back to me. Keep your fingers crossed.

Kwin

• Legolas
    Legolas

My fingers are crossed!!!!!!

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I love to see you get some satisfaction out of this Kwin, they have treated you so high handedly, they are like parisees.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit