Make these jokers pay. Good luck Kwin!

GBL

• z
    z

Keep your fingers crossed.

we all do GL

• damselfly
    damselfly
    I just contacted both local newspapers as well as Global news (the one that did my previous interview). All seem interested, especially Global, but have to get back to me. Keep your fingers crossed.

That is great news! Global did the other story as well didn't they? Hope to see it in the papers as well.

Dams

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Legal strategy if you are interested: sue both the WatchTower Society and the local hall. Because of the legal structure of the WTBTS, it is much easier to sue the local hall and win, as they are directly at fault, and the WTBTS keeps the local hall far enough away, legally, so that it's almost impossible to sue them for something that goes on in a local hall (I would assume so, at least).

• horrible life
    horrible life

I thought I remembered them always announcing DF's etc... at the end of the meeting. Did this change? Seems like If this is still the case, they were in a hurry to get it said. HL

• Gill
    Gill

((((((((((Kwin and Mrs Kwin))))))))))))

So sorry to hear what you have had to go through. As you said earlier though, 'this too will pass.'

Being alienated by all my family was something I had always been terrified of, but when it finally happened basically, I didn't give a *!$%! That's the beauty of it all! You realise what's 'going on' with your family and feel pity for them, in the end of course.

Parents however, as the Pope said, are resilient. My parents told me I was a friend of Satan, but they still speak to me and my children. I regularly thrash the WTBTS in front of them and attempt to reveal WTBTS crap and they argue it out with me. My sister, a former rabid JW, now lives with her boyfriend. They see her regularly and basically don't give a crap what the WT policy is on this. But they still belong to the looney toons Org! Go figure that one out!

So, I hope it all pans out for you. You deserve far better but the shitlesses just don't realise what they're doing. You know it's true!

My best wishes to you both and many hugs!

Gill

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    I thought I remembered them always announcing DF's etc... at the end of the meeting. Did this change? Seems like If this is still the case, they were in a hurry to get it said.

I was thinking of that too, but thought that perhaps they had changed their policy on that, some time in the last two years where I haven't attended a meeting. I remember when they first changed it to after the meeting (I think), they said that because it was such a sad announcement that they didn't want to disrupt the happy tone of the meeting, so save it to the end.

Gill, Thanks. We'll figure out how to deal with them, it may just be a matter of attempting to reason with them. My parents are, however, extremely fundemental in their beliefs and take a hard line on everything. Who knows how they will respond to reason, but we can hope.

I thought this was a good scripture:

(John 12:47-48) 47 But if anyone hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I came, not to judge the world, but to save the world.

I'm not saying that I'm not keeping to Jesus' saying, but even if I wasn't, I am not to be judged.

Kwin

• rebel8
    rebel8

That is a good one. Bookmarking it for future use. Thanks

• jeeves
    jeeves

dude. i grew up in nova scotia... man oh man, those JWs are a whole other religion unto themselves! i'm not surprised at what they did... my sympathies that things didn't go your way.

if you have spare money, then sue them, but please please take a nice little holiday with you and the mrs... go away for a weekend and think about how you're no longer a witness. officially.

you're lucky.

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Kwin!

Jeeves has a good point. You're no longer witnesses. You're free! It may matter at the moment what they think and how they may have treated you but ...this too passes.

It's so GOOD to be free of them Kwin! You can breathe! You can live! You can think for yourself! Plus the added benefits of no crappy field service, meetings, making mindless conversation with nit wits with no brains! It's wonderful. Every day, in every way it gets better and better.

Remember, revenge is a dish best served up cold. Take your time when it comes to getting the bastards!

Love

Gill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit