IM from a dub who is disgusted at my presence on this board

by stillajwexelder 232 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    However when a person accepts that free gift, they also accept Jehovah as there God.Thereby doing the things He commands. That is where the problem comes in.

This IS where we have a problem! When a group of men decide that THEY are the only ones on this earth that can determine "what God wants", and treat Jesus' sheep as blind cattle who do their bidding-----then this "free gift" totally loses its meaning!

The evil WTS cult is so FAR off base and getting worse as the years plod on......that it bears no resemblance to what "God wants"....or even teaches! These self-aggrandized and deluded men WILL face their maker one day and will be held accountable for BEING the very wolves that they tell others to guard against.

We cannot even compare what "God" really wants with the drivel the WTS teaches!

• defd
    defd

sunspot

Lets talk about some of the things Jehovah WANTS from us as worshippers. We will look to the BIBLE.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Lets talk about some of the things Jehovah WANTS from us as worshippers. We will look to the BIBLE.

Sounds good to me! Does this mean that that superlong invented-by-the-WT list of "dont's" then, will not be discussed?

It could start with the fact that "Jehovah" relegated everything to his son, as our personal Savior and our judgment would be in HIS hands, right? (Versus any judgments coming down from any "mere men" who tell you that you are "dead" in God's eyes if you don't listen to them)

• defd
    defd

Yes sunspot we are in the hands of Jesus. He is our Judge.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I started along this train of thought discussing why JW's show a marked preference for sharing the good news to some people. That is "willing hearers". I also notice that JW's focus on the exclusionary scriptures (those that suggest that right-living is reserved for an exclusive few) rather than the inclusionary talk that Jesus favored.

So I take it defd, that you believe the good news is for all (everybody gets a chance at a magazine) but you believe only a few will show the fortitude to follow through.

Do I have it right so far? You see, I am the kind of person JW's like. I am clean living, clean talking. But I am not the kind of person Jesus sought.

• vitty
    vitty

Defd

I really thought I was doing what God wanted, then I bought a living bible and just read it from start to finish, I can tell you, if you havent already got one, thats its really easy to read. It started to open my eyes about things that are written in the bible and the tone in which it is written also. Its so much different to the way the WT portrays some scriptures.

I read other versions now also, includeing the NWT.

• defd
    defd

So I take it defd, that you believe the good news is for all (everybody gets a chance at a magazine) but you believe only a few will show the fortitude to follow through.

That is right Jgnat. The bible says ALL. I never said anything about a magazine though. Do i sense some sarcasm?

But I am not the kind of person Jesus sought

I never said that either. I hope you ARE the type that would accept the Good News of Gods Kingdom. I wish that ALL would. But I know from the bible that ALL will not.

• lilbit
    lilbit

Just read this thread ( yeah Im slow I know). Defd your hypocrisy astounds me. Just another reasurance that I did the right thing in leaving the org. Thank You.

Lilbit

• The Leological One
    The Leological One
    Or any number of unhappy and active dubs

Of course, I hope the poster keeps viewing the info found on the board his/herself for a while. I can tell from my wife's experience that it can be brutally tough for some to come to the knowledge that the "Truth" isn't actually the truth, on their parade. ()

• The Leological One
    The Leological One
    I never said that either. I hope you ARE the type that would accept the Good News of Gods Kingdom. I wish that ALL would. But I know from the bible that ALL will not.

I agree, but have you also read where many will be led astray by people saying he is here, or he is there, or he is hidden (i.e. sounds very similar to Jesus' invisible return)?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit