IM from a dub who is disgusted at my presence on this board

by stillajwexelder 232 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• trevor
    trevor

I have never believed defd to be a genuine Jehovah’s Witnesses. He is here to fulfil one of humankinds most pressing emotional needs - getting attention. He achieves this by winding up the gullible. Even his bad spelling is deliberate because he knows it irritates people.

I realize that he also upsets a lot of people who are struggling to come to terms with their grief at losing their Faith their family and their identity. For them it is not so funny. But why take the bait? You are playing into his hands. There are a lot of people here who genuinely need help but don’t get the attention this wind up merchant does.

I personal enjoy having him around. He is not as good Fred Hall but he is still amusing. On the occasions I have played him at his own game he has been gracious and amusing.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    I'm guessing that like A Friend In Need, you are here to try and rescue those who may still be questioning. Like AFIN you will not walk away unaffected by your presence here. No. We are not working for Satan nor his minions. We are involved in recovery work from a high mind/spirit control group who regularly lies and abuses it's groupies.

That`s exactly right, Brenda! That`s why he`s here! He sent a PM to sillanxjwelder,as if it was his damn business what sillanxjwelder does here. What`s it to him? Hey Defd, you`re an elder, aren`t you? And it just confuses you to meet people that were once JWs, and now they`re not anymore, and that means they aren`t your bitches anymore? Must be pretty confusing, right? Defd also got engaged in the thread by Girl Interrupted. The G-I-thread was probably just his taste, a young, probably insecure girl (everyone on their way out are insecure), just the kind of prey for him to stalk, and pull back in!! Like a damn vulture, that`s what he is. ANd then he just pisses off when he can`t stand the heat, or whenever he gets a question he can`t find an answer to in his WT-mags. Pathetic. And when/if someone calls him pathetic, he would (if he even bothers) respond to that by saying "well I`m sorry you feel that way. All I can do is pray for you bla bla bla", a statement that really says "Jehovah is gonna kill you and all the rest of you apostates". God, people like this makes me sick.

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

I don't believe you defd, i just can't believe you are a witness in good standing, i can't put my finger on it but you are not who you say you are... its partly the idea that you feel comfortable coming to a well known "apostate" forum, partly the violent comments you throw at fellow posters, and your vocal denouncing of others who don't follow Christ's example, at the same time completely denying his demeanor and attitude yourself...

Can you really imagine Jesus using such a futile set of arguements and sneekily making a personal attack on somebody? You obviously have a distorted view on the way the conscience works and i think you may need to go and have a long look at yourself to see whether it is really worth coming back here to sling your honey-coated insults at fellow forum members...

• If you are to be part of that religion, i suggest you go way and throw yourself into it "whole-souled" and get involved in "upbuilding association" to help your spirituality. Do you not think that your coming to this forum constitutes the "eating with such a man" mentioned at 1 Corinthians 5:11?... If you are really serious, i suggest you go and read that whole chapter 1 Corinthians 5 and see where you stand.

• If you are not serious about being one of Jehovah's Witnesses, then i suggest you continue reading and posting here, but, open your mind to the possibility that the WTS are wrong and try and prove that to yourself... You cannot have it both ways... If you are to continue "eating from the table of the demons" on this forum, then you are going to have to stop judging people who post on JWD but still attend meetings... Pull the rafter out of your own eye before you attempt to pull the straw out of another's...

In your case, i cannot see why you are sitting on the fence, as it were, because that IS what you are doing, sitting on the fence, looking into the next field... Please think about this, because you have offended many people here (most notably and recently, your brash, heartless reply to "Shunned Father's" thread), and my mind is at a loss for how, even a JW in good standing, can believe this to be correct comportment or acceptable behavior. If you were suspicious as to the threads authenticity, the moral thing to do would have been to just leave it, ignore it, and let that thread unfold as it was unfolding, instead of adding your little two-pence and risking the possibility that it could be true and that you could cause even more pain. Any faithful witness would sincerely hope you didn't argue like this with people on the ministry, because you would not by any stretch of the imagination "reflect well on Jehovah's organisation"...

If you cannot stand seeing people talk the way they do here about the beliefs of Jehovahs Winesses, the solution is simple... just don't come here... your one-man crusade will not change anything... If you can, just reflect on just one part of what you have said...

You say he knows the truth. And that is exactly my gripe! Read his posts. He Talks NOTHING like a witness of God would talk. But HE KNOWS THE TRUTH! Give me a break.
  • defd
    defd

Some seem to doubt my claim to be a Witness. I guess, NO matter what I say, some just wont believe. Still, I am. No I am not an Elder and to be honest, wouldn"t wanna be in the Congregation I attend. I Posted my story and have even opened up with some PERSONAL things about myself, but SOME don't pay attention to those comments. Nonetheless, I have aright to be here, just like all Y'all do. Some do not like me and that's cool. I do not like some here as well. Those individuals I will not talk to or answer (Stillajwexelder, Honesty) just to name a few. There can be a thousand people on here bashing the bible or Jws and it is OK! But when a FEW come on and Defend them, WE are DB rattlers, we stir up arguments. Some of Ya'll need to take a good long and hard look at some of YOUR own posts! You would find that you are actually the ones who cause the Arguments. (Remember I said SOME OF YA"LL) not all. Anyway I am here till the Administrator kicks me off.

D.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It warms my cockles that I am not on your hit-list, defd. In your opinion, are there people in the "world", like me, that witnesses think would "make a good JW". You know what I mean, clean-living, clean speaking folk?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Sherlock Holmes on the case here, sir. My dear Watson, this appears to be the work of the diabolical defd, if I am not mistaken! Oops! IT appears the case has been solved by the look of the posts just ahead of mine. Good work!

• defd
    defd

jgnat

Anyone in my opinion has the potential to be a servant of Jehovah and a disciple of Jesus. It is another story however, if people WANT to be that. Face it. The bible does say that some do not. Even Jesus said the Broad and spacious is the road leading to destruction and MANY are on it.Our responsibility as a Christian is to STAY on the narrow road leading to life and to find those who want it. Now that is NOT WTBTS doctrine. That is what the bible says.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

Now that is NOT WTBTS doctrine. That is what the bible says.

glad you know the difference.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It seems to me, though, defd, that JW's show a marked preference for some types of people. All through their literature I see a recurring theme, "receptive ones". I am pretty sure I am the type that JW's prefer, there is a predatory gleam in their eye when they talk to me.

The JW's seem to have almost a fatalist view, similar to the Calvinists. That is, though they preach to all, JW's expect only to attract those precious few that are marked for preservation.

What do you think, defd?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Anyone in my opinion has the potential to be a servant of Jehovah and a disciple of Jesus. It is another story however, if people WANT to be that. Face it. The bible does say that some do not. Even Jesus said the Broad and spacious is the road leading to destruction and MANY are on it.Our responsibility as a Christian is to STAY on the narrow road leading to life and to find those who want it. Now that is NOT WTBTS doctrine. That is what the bible says.

defd - The point you clearly miss is that the WTBTS doctrine perverts this scripture. The organization paints the picture graphically that all who are not Jehovah's Witnesses are on the 'broad and spacious road leading to destruction', does it not? Where my dear little confused automaton does the Bible say that?

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit