IM from a dub who is disgusted at my presence on this board

by stillajwexelder 232 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

OH I am not worried but he amuses me - this board is full of people like me and other "apostates" yet he posts on here. Really weird if you ask me

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

defd - waa waa waa waa

• jgnat
    jgnat

I hope defd revisits this thread. I was gearing up to a major concept, and I'd like to finish the thought. Defd, you accurately provided a list of scriptures that speak of the exclusiveness of God's promise. My pastor taught me that scripture balances scripture. So there are also those verses that speak of God's inclusiveness. With a bit of help from my friends, I offer these scriptures up to you for comparison.

1 Cor 15:22 "For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive". (Adam was not a historical individual but this just describes human nature)

Romans 5:18 "just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life to all men.

The letter to the Hebrews ch 11, lists examples of faith, none of whom are Christian,

John's gospel speaks of "the true light that gives light to everyman."

2 Peter 3:9 "is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

Hosea 6:6 (NIV) For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings

Matthew 9:10-13 (NIV) 10While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew's house, many tax collectors and "sinners" came and ate with him and his disciples. 11When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?" 12On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Matthew 12 (NIV) 1At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry and began to pick some heads of grain and eat them. 2When the Pharisees saw this, they said to him, "Look! Your disciples are doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath." 3He answered, "Haven't you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? 4He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread—which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests. 5Or haven't you read in the Law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple desecrate the day and yet are innocent? 6I tell you that one[a] greater than the temple is here. 7If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,'[b] you would not have condemned the innocent.

Jesus quoted this scripture TWICE. You think it might be an IMPORTANT CONCEPT?

Romans 3:22 (NIV) This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

I have noted a marked preference for some types of people by the Jehovah's Witnesses. Based on these scriptures, defd, can such a preference be supported?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Some seem to doubt my claim to be a Witness.

Is someone polling people on this board as whether they believe yay or nay defd's claim to be a jdub? Did I miss it?

Anyone?

Anyone?

OK, I for one don't believe big D is a jdub, but he does seem to have jdub tendencies.

Josie

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Last night he stopped by the house. After a vigourous 30 minute "workout" he was screaming Oh, Jesus, Oh God, Oh Jehovah quite loudly. He promptly had a cigarette after our adventure. Whew! I have a new found respect for him now :)

• Satanus
    Satanus

So, dfed shuns stillajw, but associates w many other apostates, including myself. Strange. I was dfed for apostacy, ya know.

S

• defd
    defd

jgnat

Im not sure at what your getting at. I do know that the hope of everlasting life is set in front of ALL people. In the book of revelations the invitation is set forth as: Let anyone hearing say come, let anyone thirsting come let any one who wishes take lifes water free. Not EVERYONE is thirsting, not everyone is listening. Even in alot of Jesus parables, he said there would be weed like people, Goatlike people, Swine and so-on. It is open to all those who WISH to have it.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    In the book of revelations the invitation is set forth as: Let anyone hearing say come, let anyone thirsting come let any one who wishes take lifes water free.

It says here that the invitation is made to anyone, not only Jehovah's Witnesses.

W

• defd
    defd

finally i agree. However when a person accepts that free gift, they also accept Jehovah as there God.Thereby doing the things He commands. That is where the problem comes in.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Sounds scared...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit