IM from a dub who is disgusted at my presence on this board

by stillajwexelder 232 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

So, defd, if your wish is that ALL would come to the knowledge of Christ, why do you chose who you will talk to and who you will not?

• defd
    defd

Jgnat

come on! What is your point?

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Yawn...(Katie wakes up, wanders in late in her passionkiller nighty and bed socks, hair looking designer distressed) Did we find out who it is yet?...

• jgnat
    jgnat

Defd, you show a marked preference to respond to certain posters. Is such a preference biblical?

I'll keep rephrasing it until you get it.

• defd
    defd

Yes there is. As simple as it can get. Jesus said DO NOT throw your pearls before SWINE. Was jesus showing marked preference? Yes indeed.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Jesus showed a marked preference for people in need. Like prostitutes, tax collectors, ungodly folk. I see that you have marked some posters here as SWINE and not worthy of your time. Why? Are they like the Pharisees, proud, puffed-up, their ears stopped up not ready to listen, calling the work of the Holy Spirit as from Satan? Because, as far as I can tell, that is what the SWINE described in the bible account were.

Keep in mind I am observing the JW's as an outsider, thus the magazine remark. From my observation,

First of all, JW's will give anybody a magazine. They go to great lengths, in fact, to deliver that magazine to as many households as possible. More than once I have seen instruction in the magazines that the most compassionate and spiritual gift to offer a neighbour in need is a publication. After all, "spiritual needs are far more important than physical need." As far as I can tell, this is the only activity that is sanctioned by the JW's for "all" people.

On the other hand, for actual studying and conversion, I have seen JW's show a marked preference for "nice" people. That is, they want people like me along to enjoy paradise with them. Why is that?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Yes there is. As simple as it can get. ; Jesus said DO NOT throw your pearls before SWINE. Was jesus showing marked preference? Yes indeed.

So now you claim to have the authority to distinguish between people that are 'swine-like' or not? Sounds remarkably like well trained witnesses all over the world - can you say "JUDGE NOT, LEST YOU BE JUDGED'? Jeff

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Hey...defd talks to me...neener neener neener...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I get the feeling (because defd will not talk to me) that it is not my presence on this board that disgusts him as suggested in my thread title - I mean how could it , he is on the board) but the fact I went to an apostafest.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    but the fact I went to an apostafest

C'mon...the calf wasn't even real gold!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit