IM from a dub who is disgusted at my presence on this board

by stillajwexelder 232 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• vitty
    vitty

Defd

I may have missed it in past posts, but how long have you been in the "truth"

• defd
    defd

Again jgnat, even Jesus instructed his disciples when going out to spread the Good news of the Kingdom to only take the time with those who are interested. Remember what he told them if the ones who they talked to were not receptive? Kick the dust off the sole off thier feet."unquote" And besides it is not US as Chritians who attract the people ultimately. Sure we have some effect, the way we present the message, but the message in the bible and Jehovah who attracts the "receptive" ones. Jesus himself said, "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me, DRAWS HIM." Jehovah is the one who reads hearts.

The JW's seem to have almost a fatalist view, similar to the Calvinists. That is, though they preach to all,;JW's expect only to attract those precious few that are marked for preservation.

What do you think, defd?

I think that expectation is realistic and biblical.We do not expect to attract people who are NOT interested. Again it goes back to what I said earlier. The bible Gives us that expectation. Not ALL will except the Good News of Gods Kingdom. Knowing that, we look for the ones who will.

• defd
    defd

Vitty

for 10 yrs. was baptised at the age of 24.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink
    Dont you know that the bible said people like you would QUIETLY slip in the Congregation and subvert the faith of some?

Well if the Bible PREDICTED it then you how can it be your fault? It seems like it's fulfilled prophecy to me.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

It was Jehovah's Witnesses who 'quietly slipped in' to mislead the holy ones.

• They call themselves Christian, yet deny the sacraments of Christianity.
    • They refuse to quit judging in harmony with Jesus' own words.
    • They give date after date after date in false prophecy.
    • They disown those who love God and try to worship him as Christians, just due to the fact they don't wear the JW label.
    • They decry the religions as BTG riding the back of the beast, then gladly jump on the beast and hide it from the members
    • They disfellowship those who stand up in behalf of children raped by witnesses and covered up.
    • They have placed themselves in the 'seat of GOD', and you know what that means?
    • They have taken the Mediatorship away from Jesus and given it to the GB

No need to continue. No, it is not that stilla has slipped in to pervert others. He has seen the pervertion and just can't leave at the moment. Or maybe he doesn't want to. That is his choice. But it is the WTBTS that has 'slipped in' to pervert Christianity.

Jeff

• fairchild
    fairchild

That being said, how can someone who has been in be upset with another person for continuing to fake it, and go to the meetings? ; It's not hypocrisy, its trying to survive in the best way a person knows how. ; The important thing is that folk like stilla know the truth, and are taking the steps THEY need to take. ; It is truly the greatest ignorance/arrogance to come here and tell someone what to do with out having the whole story.

That makes no sense to me IP. Your saying it is ok to fake your loyalty to Jehovah at the meetings?

Defd,

Have you ever paid close attention to your "brothers and sisters" in the congregation? I for one am a quiet observer and have paid attention to them many times. How many of your "brothers and sisters" do YOU think fake their loyalty to Jehovah? How many do you think truly love Jehovah and serve him with their heart and mind, and how many do you think serve him because they are afraid to be destroyed at Armageddon, or because they want to see that paradise on earth and live happily ever after? After observing different congregations on different continents, I believe that about 15% of JWs serve Jehovah wholeheartedly. The last congregation I went to had about a 100 adults. When I think of them now, yes, I could probably pick out about 15 people who served Jehovah in a very sincere manner. I can also pick out the ones who were there for paradise reasons, the ones who feared the big A, and the ones who were there for various other reasons.

Yes, I do believe that it is okay to fake your loyalty to Jehovah if this means that you can keep your family together by doing such because family is important, did you not read that in the bible? If family was not important, then the bible would not provide so many instructions on family issues. On the other hand, I do not think it is okay to judge someone because this person goes to the meetings and spends time on JWD as well. Do not judge, it is not up to you to judge, nor is it up to me or to any one of us.

In the end, none of us is perfect and a little understanding goes a long way.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    WE are DB rattlers, we stir up arguments

Well there dfed, I have come to go toe-to-toe with you. I have a few questions. The WTS "claims" to have been "inspected" by Jesus and apparently found to be "approved".

"Evidences are now conclusive that Jesus Christ was enthroned in heaven in 1914 C.E. and that he accompanied Jehovah to his temple in 1918 C.E., when judgment began with the house of God. After cleansing those belonging to this house who were alive on earth, Jehovah poured out his spirit upon them and assigned them the responsibility of serving as his sole visible channel, through whom alone spiritual instruction was to come. Those who recognize Jehovah�s visible theocratic organization, therefore, must recognize and accept this appointment of the 'faithful and discreet slave' and be submissive to it." - The Watchtower 1967, October 1st.

dfed, Jesus said "no-one comes to the father except through me"..... is the "faithful & discreet slave class" now equal to Jesus in this regard?

And where is the actual, verifiable truth that this "approval" ever really took place? Making claims is something any one or any organization can do............it's the proof of this claim that I have trouble with. Can you provide any?

Annie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

thanks for all your support everybody on this thread. DEFD is not speaking to me nor does he like me as you can see from one of his statements - but he may answer some of your questions

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    DEFD is not speaking to me nor does he like me

No worries. It's not likely to have an adverse effect on your quality of life.

The rest of us like you just fine!

W

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Stilla -

He never seems to reply to me either. He of course has no answers, unless he finds them in a Watchtower somewhere.

"Blind assertion has no barister"

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit