So how do you explain this....

by loosie 113 Replies latest jw experiences

• talesin
    talesin

sleep paralaysis episode

Yes, that is an unpleasant feeling. Even knowing why it happens, it still makes me feel yuck when it does, but it's about the feelings of helplessness that it invokes in me, that's all. I could understand if someone who believes in evil spirits was spooked by it!

tal

• Legolas
    Legolas

Oh my gawd.............. my parent were here and they left just a little while ago.........I asked if they remember the day that my two other sister had an unexplained experience, they said yes, then I brought about how I was talking about this with people lately and he told me something that I never knew before about him and my grandmother.... He started to cry. Now I only ever seen my father cry two other times in my life.. I don't care what you people who don't believe think ......I KNOW there are things going on that "science" can not explain!!!

• rem
    rem

That's easy to say if you have not thoroughly researched what "science" really has to say about the issue.

rem

• Legolas
    Legolas

Ok Rem how does science explain people floating around? Just as an example.

• rem
    rem

Science explains a lot about the human mind and empirical evidence has shown that it is very easy to trick the brain into false perceptions. It is also normal for us to create and modify memories. So science does not have to explain floating bodies unless there is some incotrovertible evidence that they exist (observation under controlled conditions). Until there is proof of floating bodies, psychological explanations are more than adequate.

There are so many video cameras in this world it's a wonder that nothing extraordinary like this has been captured. To hear some people talk, these things must be extremely common!

When I was a kid, my brother and I saw little demon shadows in my room. They seemed real at the time, but of course I now know that we were creating the perception with our suggestible state and superstitious beliefs. Interstingly as soon as I stopped believing, the experiences stopped. Don't you find that intriguing?

The point is that you can't really say much about "science" when you haven't taken the time to do the research. Pet theories about ghosts and gobblins are nothing but uneducated guesses that keep people from understanding the real nature of the phenomena.

rem

• Legolas
    Legolas

Rem I guess we have to agree to disagree!

• rem
    rem

So you agree not to make statements about science when you don't have the foggiest idea of what research has been done in this area? (Paranormal research has been going on for 100 years now... there is a LOT of it)

It really is an interesting topic. I suggest you read "Demon Haunted World" by Carl Sagan. It's a fascinating read!

rem

• Legolas
    Legolas

No I don't agree to that..........I have watched science tv show's about this since I was little...and more importantly I know things that have happened to people I know, trust and love. And again I will say millions of people can't be wrong.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

6 million JW's are wrong. I guess millions can be wrong no?

LOL

• Legolas
    Legolas

No,No Evil you can't go by that because if you do then I guess the most popular religion in the world is the right one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit