So how do you explain this....

by loosie 113 Replies latest jw experiences

• heathen
    heathen

Ok jeffro maybe the deemonz have my PC . I think they live in my car right now . anyway my bad grammar is not from anything other than not taking it seriously in high school and being out for a long period time before using typing skills . I'm not even a good typist . I even have alot of problems with nerve damage and such . I don't think you can discredit everybody that sees these things with your BS psychology and I don't mean bachelor of science .I am sick of people who have no credentials throwing insults around over these type of issues .

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    In the home I grew up in, we had a ghost. I won't call him a demon, as I have no reason to do so. But it was a ghost, and looked like a man.

Was the ghost corporeal? Translucent? Did it have a distinct form? Did it suddenly appear and disappear or physically walk out of the room? Did it talk? Did it interact with objects? Did objects move without the ghost being visible?

Now, my mom and sister heard it, as well as saw, and all 3 of us talked about it to others before talking with each other. The fact is that it was in our home, and we all saw it. All our stories matched perfectly.

How old were you at the time? How impressionable were you? How much time has elapsed since these events?

Some of you want to say that I didn't see what I saw? Then you are foolish and ignorent, as you did not experience what I did. Just because you don't believe it, doesn't make it so.

There is no point in saying that you did not see what you say you saw, but the issue I have with these things is proof. And the motivation of these otherworldly incantations.

For those who don't believe in these type of situations, what say you?? You think I am insane, or we all saw things in our head?

Since I have no idea who you are, it is hypothetically possible that you could in fact be insane, or that you saw it in your head but that is not necessarily the case. It is also remotely possible that you are simply lying, though that seems unlikely. You may have been young and impressionable and duped by ghost stories told by your family and imagined the rest. Or there may have been a much more complicated explanation in which some form did in fact appear. But no proof has been furnished that it was a ghost.

In case you are curious, our home was built in the 1880's, and we were only the 3rd family ever to live in that home. The man/ ghost my family saw and heard was dressed for someone at the turn of the century. I think maybe it was the guy who first lived there. Why was he there? Don't know. But I know he was real. Saw him countless times. Never attacked us, or caused us harm. Though I would never stay in a house like that now.

It is definitely an interesting account that evokes a lot of questions. For how long did your family stay in the house with this entity? It seems from what you have said that it never communicated with any memeber of your family.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Freedom *****Here is a fact for some to consider.******

No what you are posting is an ASSERTION. Not a FACT. A fact is a proved claim. One that can be checked, verified, and observed. While I am not refuting what you say please understand the polarity between the two.

****Then you are foolish and ignorent****

I usually never call someone out on misspelling but when you are attacking someone else as being ignorant please spell it right.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sorry, Jeffro, but my post and quotes imply that while I'm dealing with irrefutable scientific facts, you're dealing with speculation brought on by cognitive dissonance. Kindly reread and reassess my post and attempt to get the point this time!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Sorry, Jeffro, but my post and quotes imply that while I'm dealing with irrefutable scientific facts, you're dealing with speculation brought on by cognitive dissonance. Kindly reread and reassess my post and attempt to get the point this time!

Some of the 'irrefutable scientific facts' you claim to state are neither scientific nor factual.

It's a scientific fact that it breaks the mind of skeptics who experience such things, leading to them being medicated up to the eyeballs by Psychiatrists. This proves conclusively that believers have the superior minds, as they have the flexibility in their worldview/framework, to tolerate such occurances.

You provide no basis for the 'scientific fact' that skeptics go insane after having experienced 'such things'. Apparently this forms the 'conclusive proof' that 'believers' are superior to non-believers. The class of people that makes up 'believers' is quite broad and the concepts in which some of them believe in some cases reduces and in other cases, precludes the possibility of phenomenon believed by other believers. It is irrational to suggest that as a class they are superior to non-believers, as at least some believers in the paranormal are quite definitely delusional.

Those skeptics who deride others for their views are the small (but very vocal) minority

On what is this claim of minority based?

It also shows that evolution had clear reasons for evolving a "God-bit" section of the human brain, and that in the poor unfortunate throwbacks who didn't retain use of it are likely to be weeded out by natural selection.

Shall I assume that this is another one of your 'facts'?

In previous generations they would have become the family pet, and been left drooling in the corner rocking-chair, eating their own feet.

At least this was good for a laugh.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

And thus, in your rush to hit the skeptics' apologetic bandwagon, you missed the point of the complete post. Should I have added a few emoticons, just for you?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    And thus, in your rush to hit the skeptics' apologetic bandwagon, you missed the point of the complete post. Should I have added a few emoticons, just for you?

You stated some things as 'facts' that were not factual, and then criticized me for indicating such. You then stated that I missed your point, but did not indicate what that point was that I missed. Just what then was your original point if it were something other than what might reasonably be inferred from your initial comments?

• LittleToe
  • greendawn
    greendawn

I believe all these demonic attack stories are either hallucinatory, or they are contrived by the jw R & F in order to boast or by the FDS in order to frighten the R & F something that will make it easier to manipulate them under the influence of a powerful phobia.

Demons simply can't invade the material world and move things around or assault humans so why doesn't the FDS admit this fact? I notice it is always the jws that suffer these so called attacks from the invisible.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Okay, did anyone else get the gist of LittleToe's jibe?
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/95438/1625945/post.ashx#1625945
    Apparently I completely missed its satirical nature and became confused by its lack of logic and continuity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit