So how do you explain this....

by loosie 113 Replies latest jw experiences

• loosie
    loosie

I didn't want to hi jack this thread.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/95312/1.ashx

But I wanted to open this up for discussion. Since being raised a JW, everything unexplainable has been attributed to demons. So how do normal people (by this I mean non JW), explain these unexplainable things? Like in Blondie's post the WTBS described getting the sheets pulled off of you in the middle of the night, noises that aren't right, electrical equipment being turned on by itself.

Anyone out there have some answers?

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Ever meet someone that actually saw something like this happen? Always thought it was funny how it's a friend of a friend every time.

• Legolas
    Legolas

No No I now people that things have happend to one of them was posted in that thread. Another was my grandmother and she was the type of person who would have died before she spoke a lie!!

• kls
    kls

I know I know,,,oooooo, it's the elders ,no really , they know you are thinking unjw thoughts so they sneak in your house and do all kinds of things so you think there are demons after ya because you are thinking wordly,,,,,,,. See how simple it is .

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie
    But I wanted to open this up for discussion. Since being raised a JW, everything unexplainable has been attributed to demons. So how do normal people (by this I mean non JW), explain these unexplainable things? Like in Blondie's post ; the WTBS described getting the sheets pulled off of you in the middle of the night, noises that aren't right, electrical equipment being turned on by itself.

Anyone out there have some answers?

I would offer that things like that simply don't happen with any regularity to anyone, JW or not.

But it doesn't seem too difficult to explain why they are so popular amongst the JWs (or any high-control, self perceived persecuted group of people). When you're waging a war against evil, evil's gotta make an appearance now and then. Because if it doesn't, if there's no dramatic and exciting battle to recount about how Satan and his minions were thwarted by the power of God, how would you know that everything you believe, everything you've suffered, everything you've sacrificed it it's name, means anything? A good cautionary tale complete with danger and the super spooky "BOO" factor is a great way to keep the masses fighting the good fight.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Uncle bruce told stories he said was ghosts doing stuff. In full voice the scientifical atheistic ghosbusters got out their flame throwers, baseball bats and wooden stakes. He stopped talking about what he saw.

S

• Honesty
    Honesty

Woke up at 3 AM a couple of days ago and the stereo in the LR was rockin' to some great music. I freaked out until I found the remote on the DR table under some research papers and paw prints on the papers. One of my cats walked across the table after raiding the trash can and hit the ON button.

This proves the WT is right... cats are demonic.

• Nellie
    Nellie

I didn't read the original thread, but the reader's digest version of my story is that I did have an encounter with a demon when I was a little girl around 9. I had been studying for a few months, WAS NOT ASLEEP, and know to this day that it was VERY real. It gave me a healthy fear of them.

Actually, it was that experience that shaped my belief in God. I knew he must be real, because the demons are real.

• oldflame
    oldflame

I am a living witness to the supernatural. I have seen ghost a couple of times, I have been touched by a spirit once and have had objects thrown and broken in my house by spirits. Call me nuts if you want but I know well what I have seen and experienced. They are there, why they are there I do not know, but it is indeed a fact that spirits do exist.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    full voice the scientifical atheistic ghosbusters got out their flame throwers, baseball bats and wooden stakes.

one should note a few things:

1. there is no scientific evidence forthcoming as of yet for the supernatural.
    2. there is always a simpler explanation with fewer assumptions. and this should be preferred. (rule of parsimony/Occam's razor/Sagan's Baloney Detection Kit)
    3. it seems that these supernatural experiences steer clear of skeptics, scientists and atheists. i wonder why? (if i hear something go bump in the night, i will think old house before i think ghost. if i hear steps in the night, i will think psychopath before i think ghost. if someone appears to me out of thin air and slaps me, i call my psychiatrist.).

TS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit