So how do you explain this....

by loosie 113 Replies latest jw experiences

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

One time water came out of the wall in my bathroom and soaked me to the skin. I found myself naked and wet. Oh, wait. Damn! That was just the shower. Forget it.

Boo. I scared myself.

W.Once

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

On one hand Dubs talk about how Satan is trying to mislead the world by hiding his existence....yet on the other hand accuse Satan's minions of being on "sheet pulling duty". So I'm supposed to believe that Satan in his final days here on Earth has sent his evil ones forth to go about flickering lights, knocking pictures off the walls, and creating spooky noises? Come on, don't you think he'd have them pulling Rwanda Genocide duty instead?!?

Also, if demunz were popping up in your house wouldn't the first thing you'd do was to go to a church or the Kingdumb Hall since the existence of demunz would then likely mean there is a God? Isn't that what Satan is trying to avoid???

• Frog
    Frog

There are so many things that those of us of the scientifically unenlightened class don't fully comprehend, but we don't directly put the physical laws of the universe down to something supernatural. People have somehow for many years been obsessed with the idea of the supernatural, when there are possibly hundreds of plausible logical alternatives which deserve our consideration first.

Having said that though, there are too many encounters to suggest that the claims of thousands are false. I'm sure to those individuals what they experienced was very real. I believe there is a chance that full all I know I could have experienced something similiar, but drew a different conclusion. The mind is more powerful than most of us know.

I just can't help but feel that our obssession with the supernatural blurs our logical vision on these things sometimes.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Every now and then there turns up an eyewitness to supposed supernatural events which makes it *seem* that something supernatural does sometimes happen. There are several explanations to these kind of phenomena.

• Shadowplay - supposed supernatural images or events based on partially real stimulus, such as a child seeing a 'monster' at their window instead of shadows of branches through a curtain.

• Drug (or chemical imbalance) induced - persons on strong painkillers, other medications or hallucinogens, or suffering a variety of temporary or permanent mental illnesses may have false experiences that may or may not seem supernatural.

• Other medical conditions - hearing voices, sensations of sinking into the bed, 'floating' above the body, or feeling 'hands' caress, pull or push the body can be symptoms of sleep paralysis. Feeling a weight pressing down on the body can also be a symptom of angina.

• Stress - extreme mental and emotional stress may cause persons to manufacture fantasy situations.

• Superstition - some who believe in supernatural events will readily interpret events as supernatural in nature before exploring any other possibilities.

• Justifying behaviour - individuals may claim that their behaviour (perhaps abusive or violent) was caused, inspired, or intensified by supernatural forces.

This is not an exhaustive list.
  • potleg
    potleg

I think there's a lot we don't know about the world we live in or even ourselves as humans and the mind body relationship. Jeffro was right in his comments, I had a relative that had a complete mental breakdown and "saw" all kinds of things, of course they weren't real.

The WTS plays on peoples fears and superstisions. They have lots of stories because it validates their beliefs in their own minds.

Why would a loving god permit an evil entity to reek so much havoc, death, destruction and misery on so many powerless (by comparison) individuals?...and don't say universal court case...

• JH
    JH
    Anyone out there have some answers?

It never happened to me, so I don't need any answers for something that didn't happen.

But if it did??? I would look for a logical answer rather than say it's demons.

Unless I saw things flying around the place and see faces...

• garybuss
    garybuss

I once saw a horse fly and a cow make a pie. Does that count?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Unless I saw things flying around the place and see faces...

Depends on what things are flying around. Maybe you're at the airport. Or maybe there's a hurricane. Seeing faces is pretty normal - they're the things on the front of people's heads.
    Of course if these manifestations were to appear in an abnormal way, perhaps it would be best to seek a third party perspective, and possibly seek psychiatric or medical help before deciding that you're under assault by 'demons'. Maybe there's a simpler explanation - like aliens - or David Hasselhoff.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I once saw a horse fly and a cow make a pie. Does that count?

That's nothing. I once saw a cow turn into a field.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I attribute these kinds of things to people who are poor observers and who are prone to jumping to conclusions with an overactive imagination.

After that are all of the people who are just plane nuts and have mental disorders that cause them to perceive things that are not there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit