Women, girls, ladies -- 5 biggest "turn on's" / "turn off's"

by logansrun 82 Replies latest social relationships

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    From an evolutionary point of view it makes sense for women to save their egg for the sperm of a good provider. In our society this means men with lots of $$$.

I wonder if there is a dichotomy between what women say they like in men, and what they actually are attracted to. Perhaps they say they don't like "materialistic" men, but really, deep down, they are.

or maybe evolution isnt true

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Turn On's - Confidence - When a person is confident it usually means they have something good to offer
    Height - I like my man to be taller than me. When he is I feel protected
    Acceptance - A man who is not biased and accepts people places and events upon his own judgement and not what his mates think
    Humour - I love to laugh. I can't be stuck in a relationship with a man who isn't funny
    Conversational abilities - When my man speaks from the heart, doesn't make himself to be something hes not, opens up to his feelings, works through his frustratios

Turn Off's - Lateness - I hate it when I am expecting him to turn up at a certain time and he is late
    Uncleanliness - Daily Showers, Deodarant, Clean socks, clean bedroom etc are a must
    Laziness - If he sits around the house watching me clean it aint gonna work
    Inability to make decisions - decide what movie we can watch, which restaurant to go to. Don't leave it all too me
    Overly Critical - don't criticise everything I do. maybe I do things differently but I am a different person. As long as the stuff gets done. Criticsm should be used as a helpful thing.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Just for the hell of it, I'll list my five-and-five for women:

Five biggest turn-on's

1) Easy on the eyes...preferably petite and cute.

2) Intelligent...bookish, "librarian type"...not a follower of the latest fads

3) Flexible...can wear a classy black evening gown from Nordstrom, but is ready and willing to wear cheap stuff to garden in

4) Positive...not a complainer. Can see on the bright side of things

5) Humble, submissive, easily dominated. (hehe...j/k)

Five biggest turn-off's

1) I'll be honest...ugliness of either body or spirit

2) Smoking

3) Greedy bitchiness..."I've got to have these X because everyone else has X and I'm a stupid follower"

4) Dumbness...(although that can be cute too...at times)

5) Again, I'll be honest...overy religious/fundamentalistic

B.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    someone whose intent seems to be just to get your clothes off

Hate to burst your bubble...

But it's been said if women didn't have a there'd be a bounty on them!

All men are THAT intent...except for the gay guys. It's the gentleman that your looking for... and the philanderer you're trying to avoid...but sometimes they are hard to tell apart...be careful ladies.

u/d (of the hasn't had his ass chewed yet today class)

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    Would the ladies say that the "scruffy, surfer dude at the beach" look is more fashionable?

Fashionable, hell; I still haven't recovered from the long-haired hippie look. Yummmmm...

GentlyFeral
    (workin' on my list)

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

double post, sorry

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

TRIPLE post? wtf?

• misguided
    misguided
    But it's been said if women didn't have a there'd be a bounty on them!

lol u/d...and there's some guys I don't mind taking my clothes off for ...it's the ones who have bad breath, etc., who can't seem to understand "I'm not interested" that's the BIG turn off!

Rose

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Turn-ons
    • Intelligence and creativity
    • Generous heart, and not just for me.I love those "Golden Rule" boys
    • Pleasant natural odor - some varation on clean/naturally spicy
    • Enjoys sex and is good at it
    • Enjoys life!
    Turn-offs
    • Any and all forms of bigotry
    • Low intelligence, lack of imagination; not necessarily offensive, just tedious and utterly unsexy
    • Conservative thinking
    • Poor hygiene, of course
    • No sense of adventure. If you can't think of things I haven't done or places I haven't been, at least have fun while I show you around!

Now, physical turn-ons & turn-offs are a different story altogether; I'm bisexual and I have completely different "Wow!" triggers for men and for women. I like lean, long-haired men and full-figured, busty women. Go figure.

gently feral

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

logansrun,

Evolutionarily, it doesn't matter if you are financially independent or not. Your brain might be genetically hard-wired to be attracted to men with lots of money, just as the male brain is hard-wired to be attracted to women with a certain waist-to-bust ratio. It's all subconscious.

I do appreciate beautiful surroundings, but:

If a man buys beautiful furniture, a snazzy car, etc., he'd better be doing it to please himself – not to impress me. "Chicks dig hot cars" implies "chicks can be bought" – or, equally bad, "Chicks aren't really interested in you." No women wants to believe that of herself or believe that an attractive man would think that.

I do want financial security, but as long as I'm not being ground down by my job, I don't care whether I'm the breadwinner or not.

this particular aspect of our biology
    Are you assuming that the male supports the female of the species? I know for a fact that males lions don't support female lions. The feeding of young birds is a co-operative endeavor. Male primates generally don't bring home the bananas for female primates, do they? I believe it's only human cultures – and not all of those – that equate male prosperity with marriageability.

But biology might help explain why women would prefer handsome men – the characteristics humans call "beauty" are generally associated with good health. Which doesn't explain why I want to fondle fat chicks.

Oh, btw, re:

just as the male brain is hard-wired to be attracted to women with a certain waist-to-bust ratio.
    Looks like this is cultural too. I remember a study of an isolated rural population in ... Chile, I think it was – read about it maybe 15 years ago – in which men were shown line drawings of various types of female bodies and asked which they preferred, and to comment on each. Most of them chose a "thick-waisted," not-curvy figure as the one they preferred, and commented that the conventionally pretty "Coke-bottle" shaped women looked like she might be susceptible to diarrhea.

I wish I could cite references. Haven't figured out the right search terms yet.

gently feral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit