Women, girls, ladies -- 5 biggest "turn on's" / "turn off's"

by logansrun 82 Replies latest social relationships

• damselfly
    damselfly

Looks like I'm growing a goatee for the next apostafest..

GBL

Heehee, another convert to the goatee column for me!

Damselfly

• chrissy
    chrissy
    Looks like I'm growing a goatee for the next apostafest..

NO! Don't do it!!! lol. I never understood the attraction to such a thing... goatees look like too much maintenance. I want to think guys wake up, brush their teeth, comb their hair, and just naturally look good. I cannot even imagine how you guys get facial hair into shape like that. I'm surprised as well that so many women like it...I guess to each her own!

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Turn ons:

A naughty glint in the eyes, chest hair, nice smell, strong work ethic, being intelligent and well-informed.

Turn offs:

Misogyny, chewed fingernails and warts, nasty teeth, body odour, being thick or ignorant.

• misguided
    misguided

Turn ons:

• tall and heafty with strong manly arms
    • good personal hygene
    • good sense of humour
    • treats others with respect and kindness
    • is good with children - other than his own

Turn offs:

• bad breath
    • someone whose intent seems to be just to get your clothes off
    • brags or lies about job status or financial situation
    • inability to take control of situations, or his children
    • men who think they're "all that"
  • logansrun
    logansrun

I find it very interesting that so many women cite "materialistic" as being a turn-off. Among many men I know the general consensus is that women are attracted to men with lots of money -- and the things money can buy, which are shown off, of course.

From an evolutionary point of view it makes sense for women to save their egg for the sperm of a good provider. In our society this means men with lots of $$$.

I wonder if there is a dichotomy between what women say they like in men, and what they actually are attracted to. Perhaps they say they don't like "materialistic" men, but really, deep down, they are.

Just my hypothesis.

B.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I wonder if there is a dichotomy between what women say they like in men, and what they actually are attracted to. Perhaps they say they don't like "materialistic" men, but really, deep down, they are.

I am fully capable of taking care of myself financially and have done so since I was in my teens. I could not care less about what possesions my man has or how much money he brings in. I don't need it.

Damselfly

• logansrun
    logansrun

damsel,

Evolutionarily, it doesn't matter if you are financially independent or not. Your brain might be genetically hard-wired to be attracted to men with lots of money, just as the male brain is hard-wired to be attracted to women with a certain waist-to-bust ratio. It's all subconscious.

I only offer this as a possibility. Of course, this particular aspect of our biology might be subsumed by our higher cognitive reasoning. But, the initial impulse towards men with money (for women) and sexy women (for men) is still there.

B.

• chrissy
    chrissy

logansrun-

I can only speak for myself here on this one regarding materialism. I don't know why other women find it a turn-off...But I associate materialism with consumerism somewhat. I guess I should say in all people I find non-flashy and modest living standards, where at least some concern is placed on the enviornment and a general desire for simplicity, to be more attractive than someone who seeks satisfaction and approval in displaying all of their "things." But money is good, stability is good. Yes women still want men that will provide. I do not think that will ever change, its evolutionary as you've said.

LOL. All this coming from a girl with way more shoes than she will ever need. teehee. ***Holy smokes! 100 posts!! I cannot believe I've actually had 100 totally random things to say in the past few weeks****

• Princess
    Princess

Hey Bradley, interesting thread.

I've never considered materialistic a turn on or off, interesting that so many list it.

FWIW, I prefer:

red hair w/full trimmed beard

approx 9 1/2 years older

cyclist

smart

loyal

I dislike:

cheap

competitive

obnoxious

I think that about covers it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If that is true of little old me I would have never married my husband. For the first 7 years of our marriage I was the breadwinner or the one who made the most money.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit