Kristi died about 30 mins. ago

by Frannie Banannie 113 Replies latest social current

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

For those of yall that didn't know, Kristi was a 37-yr-old MS patient that I took care of for the last year of her life. She had a wonderful ribald sense of humor and talked like a sailor at times. But it was all to cover up the ultra-sweet and tender heart she had. She had an indomitable spirit and an incredible will to live....to "carpe diem," as they say.

Kristi was only 37, but in her short life, she developed Multiple Sclerosis about 11 yrs ago, then when it seemed to be progressing much faster than ordinarily, the docs discovered she had CIDP (don't ask) which mimics MS, but is treatable. When she started treatment for the CIDP and was beginning to regain some of her motor skills about 1 1/2 yrs ago, the docs discovered she had cervical cancer. Then began the rounds of chemo and radiation, which eventually destroyed her digestive tract.

I loved that girl and I'm heartbroken over this, but I know she's not suffering anymore. We've (her fam and I) been with her for the last 3 days.

Here's her pic.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am so sorry for your loss

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

I am sad for you Franny but I am also rejoicing knowing that there are people such as yourself selflessly giving to others physically and emotionally for the sake of kindness and humanity.

You're a sweet and wonderful woman and I wish you well during your time of grieving.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Thanks, Stilla, for your caring. We tried to keep her comfortable and she surely knows she was loved.

Frannie

• lawrence
    lawrence

She was very fortunate to have met up with you, and to have received of your kindness and love.

peace and blessings to you and her family.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I'm sorry for your loss.

Kwin

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

My heartfelt condolences

~Merry

• wanderlustguy
  • shera
    shera

Sorry for your loss,she was a beautiful woman and you can tell from the pic, she was all you say she was.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Frannie,

I hope that when my time comes that I will have someone with a heart full of genuine love like you holding my hand.

Kind regards - HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit