Human Sexuality 101: Everything a young girl needs to hear?

by Check_Your_Premises 125 Replies latest social relationships

• melmoth
    melmoth

All this male-female difference talk reminds me of a Bill Maher line on the topic:
    "Our fantasies disgust you, and yours bore us."

• seven006
    seven006

Chris, Older brother? Kiss my ass you red neck Texan! I haven’t posted because I’ve been busy and I threw my damn PC off my deck two months ago. Posting on my Mac makes it look like I don’t know how to type in sentences and paragraphs. Simon hates Macs so he doesn’t make it easy for us to look literate. I heard about Nina’s foot. Tell her Hi, give her a big hug for me and that I’m sorry. I found out a few months ago that I have MS and it is slowly eating away my brain and body. I think HS gave it to me somehow, it’s the only way that arrogant pampas ass is ever going to be smarter than me. Take care and may the fork be with you! Dave

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

There are plenty of "bad boys" who are still good to their women.

It's the fire, passion and spunk that women like, not the a$$hole treatment. The trick is to find a guy with those qualities who also knows how to treat women well. They do exist you know.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    I found out a few months ago that I have MS

Very sorry to hear that, Seven...Are you getting treatment?

Jean

• jgnat
    jgnat

"Women are more complex than men" I would like to modify this, I believe in one area women are primally simpler.

When it comes to nurturing and raising children, women are completely and hormonally focused on the "now". She cuddles and cooes the baby. She is completely wrapped up in it's immediate needs. She is flush with the motherly instinct of survival.

The young father is shaken and pale. First of all, he's seen first hand how gross and grunting delivering a baby is. Second, he's in charge of the long view. He can see the next twenty years, and the burden of responsibility is overwhelming. He's thinking baseball mitts and college.

I think the female response is absolutely necessary for her mental health, as there is no way she would sign up for the effort involved if she knew how much it is going to cost her. So she forges ahead anyways, with the extra pounds of fat in reserve just in case she has to pay with her own flesh.

And this is where the father can carry the team for the long term, scanning the horizon, anticipating the unseen.

• jgnat
    jgnat

...and another thought, our minds have needs too. Here's the word picture I had with my teenage son so that hopefully he would look beyond the primal call of spreading his seed.

"Do what you love. Get really good at it. One day a woman will come along, at the art gallery or in your class, who will be totally in on what you are trying to do. She will understand you. She will be your soul mate. Keep an eye out for that woman. She's the keeper."

Besides the drive from our moronic bodies, I think the siren call for every human being is to be understood.

(P.S. "Spreading his seed" is his phrasing, not mine)

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke
    The young father is shaken and pale.

Mmmm. Blanket statements warm my unmentionable places. Normally Jgnat, I agree with many of the things you say. This however is retarded. Perhaps your experience has limited your scope of men and the births of their children. I'd say men like this are in the minority. True enough it is in our nature to plan past the moment but that does not mean that it removes the ability to enjoy and be absorbed by that moment. I'd not care to assume a woman's perspective at such a time as I've not had the experience. Perhaps your assumations when confronted with a greater pool of male experience would follow the same vein.

CHL

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sweet, coolhandluke. OF COURSE I am making sweeping generalizations. I wrote my word-picture from watching dozens of young parents present their newborn at my church. Usually the young man is shaken, and the woman flush with motherly hormones. OK, maybe for some of them it was a spiritual experience. The beginning of a new life can be like that. I was proud of my son-in-law who only left the room when the nurses had to administer some sort of painful procedure on his wife. There was also a priceless moment when he cradled his newborn daughter and stared deeply in to her eyes. She stared right back, and I figure the two of them bonded from that moment on.

I was mostly calm, as from experience I knew mothers usually survive delivery, as brutal as it can be. But for my daughter, it very nearly didn't. I was the one who went pale, and when it was all over and my daughter was being stitched up from yin to yang, I cried. My daughter asked me, why? "I could have lost may granddaughter AND my daughter today." She didnt' get it. In the flush of delivery, she had no idea how close it came.

If I remember right, C_Y_P came under similar fire on this thread for making sweeping generalizations about women. I'm just evening the score, a little. I am equally capable of making sweeping generalizations.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

Maybe its the age of these men. I dunno. I will watch the surgery channel for grins and shiggles or just out of curiosity. I love babies. When my sister was pregnant with her first I went to the library and read everything I could. I watched so many filmed births. It was just fascinating.

Once my girlfriend was a few days late with her cycle. Inside I went pale because I just wasn't ready. Immediately I was planning life insurance, a home, how to make sure she finished school, a savings plan. She was just freaked out about the moment. Then when she bled there was a chest bump and a high five, but for totally different reasons. Perhaps that occurs because I could not change what was going to happen, I could only force fall back plans. I don't totally disagree with you. I just disagree with the blanket statement and the motives for the paleness.

CHL (of the likes chest bumps with girls class)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    All women do this.

If this wasn't so pathetic, I'd laugh myself off my chair. Until you learn better, you will probably make any women in your life miserable with your inaccurate and harmful ideas about women. I feel sorry for any sons and daughters you teach this to. But hopefully they will not follow you like blind sheep and they'll rebel against this kind of inaccuarte prejudice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit